This is an official Powerbookmedic.com take-apart guide for the Google Nexus 10 Tablet.

Duane

Nevermind. Found it. Laurent and Andrea, if you haven't found it yet it's probably the digitizer flat cable isn't all the way in the connector. that's what mine was.

Duane

Is this page still active? Same problem as Laurent and Andrea just below. Replaced battery and now touch screen doesn't respond. Can't see anything that I might have done. Please help.

Laurent

Same problem as Medic, just replaced the battery but the screen does not react anymore.

Andrea

I replaced the Nexus 10 battery, the screen turns on, everything works fine (displays alerts, etc.), but the screen does not react to anything! I checked the flat connectors, they seem perfectly fine. Can the digitizer just break like that? Any way to test it? Thank you!

@MAV - it is hard to say. I would try with headphones first, then you may want to do a factory reset to rule out any software possibilities. After that it is probably the motherboard.

MAV6040

My nexus 10 suddenly lost audio.Help

@Sri - you'd really have to get it opened up to see the extent of the damage. You'll want to look for corrosion on the motherboard to see if that needs to be replaced as well.

Sri Vidhya

i have google nexus 10 and unexpectedly there were some water dat got entered inside the tablet. the dis play got screwed off after that . Whenever i start , i feel the vibration turned on but nothing happens after that.How can we service it? Thanks.

DIANA PEREZ

Hy, my nexus 10 is restarting all the time, the lcd flashes and turn off. Is a battery problem?. DO you have another idea?

barkley

Hey powerbook medic, I need to repair a cracked screen on a nexus 10. Do you know how to do this? Thanks,

Aimee

I opened my tablet just now,I accidentally bumped the Black part. I dont know if thats the LCD, the black part on the lower part of the tablet. Now it wont open, so I think the problem is with the lcd. any thoughts?

Jenny Guan

oh my god, When I opened the back .I touched the black thing on the bottom portion of the tablet which said "Do not touch " . Now my nexus won't open =( what is that black thing . did I just destroy my tablet =(

Atiya

Thanks for your fast reply =) anyway after opening my tablet awhile ago and closing it back.i noticed moisture down the magnetic charger area... so i Bloweddry it. Now it wont work or open or charge =/ what happened

@Atiya - the tape is generally just used to help secure cables and help route them correctly. It shouldn't affect much if some of the tape is missing unless you drop the device which may cause the cables to disconnect easier than normal.

Atiya

When I had my Nexus 10 Repaired. the service guy forgot to put back the ANTI- STATIC tape to my tablet.. will that cause damage? what is the static tape for…please explain thanks
Hide All