This is the official Powerbookmedic.com take-apart guide for the iPhone 4S.

35 Comments Parts Tools

@elton - we sell parts and tools to the right. If you do not feel up to repairing it yourself, we do have a repair service where we can repair it for you using the Send-in Mac Repair link at the top of our site.

elton

my concern is replacing the 2-pentalobe screws to help in replacing the battery and sims card on a apple iphone 4s.finaly I would like to order....... 2-pentalobe screws/ 1-pentalobe screw driver. and a user operational guide/ manual. I was given the Iphone 4s from a friend with a instructional guide please help me.

@Shay - we sell it in the tools list to the right. It should be called the iPhone 4 TORX Plus 5 Pentalobe.

Shay

What is the name and size of the screwdriver for the first two screws that come out? Thank You

Jukka Nevavuo

Nice video. I changed the front and back glass but one small component is mysteriously left over and can not find a place for that :-) Can not find it from the video either. Can you guide me to find an explosion pic from the iPone 4S

@soph - it really depends on the extent of the liquid damage. You will probably end up having to replace the logic board.

soph

mine feel down the toilet and i dried it of and that and i eventualy got it working yesterday for a bit then it turns itself of and i try to plug it in and that and turn it on and off the apple sign comes up but then it just goes blank i always get messages and phone calls its just the scream would it help to gdt a prefesional to fix it?

Kenny E

All I needed was a clue as to how battery's are changed. You clearly covered that within the first minute, so I've not viewed the rest of the video. So...thanks for the quick, clear instruction.

well

the video is dark and shitty hard to see

thomas

I pad model noa1387forgote the passward so how cani oppen the this phone...plz help me...

cmooreme69@gmail.com

blank screen but functions

Ashu rock

Hi i am ashu i did,t my phone code

Baz

Shane !! Gets some manners son and ask nicely then maybe people will respond !!!

shane

Get your hands out of the way or move the camera where all disassembly/reassembly can be CLEARLY seen.

@adam - if you can't restore it in recovery mode, it is most likely a logic board issue.

adam

iphone in recovery mode , and apple log flashing it cant be restored give me many errors thanks

@sayang - you can restore your iphone by connecting it to iTunes. You may need to put the phone in DFU mode.

sayang maya

I pad model noa1387forgote the passward so how cani oppen the this phone

anil india hyderabad

I phone4s A1387 model new phone not charaging why please help me out

dorey

hi, my fone is sating sim locked but no sim in it as ive just bought it, will it need unlocking plz, ty

Ricco

The power button is stuck in the depressed position on my iPhone 4S. What is the repair procedure?

@Jester - sure. you only need to stay with the same carrier type.

Jester

Can an iphone 4s logic array be swapped to a larger size ? Example a 4s 16gb to 32gb

murad khan

ai want new iphone id

@Tom - we sell an EMI Shield Kit in the part list to the right. You can see if the one you need is in that picture.

Tom D

Hello! Thanks for the awesome video. Excellent quality!! I have one question. I am missing the EMI shield that pinches between the battery connection & Antenna connector. Is this shield absolutely necessary? What issues may I came across if I don't replace it. I have not had any luck locating a replacement. Thank You in advance and have a great New Year Holiday! TOM D

@Nicholas - there isn't a good way. You can sometimes separate the casing enough to get at the sim card from the inside.

NicholasB_1

Hi, I enjoyed your video and used it as a guide to dismantle an iPhone 4S 1387A. Have you any idea how to remove a sim card from the sim card bay when the release does not work when I use the hole and a pin? I tried dismantling but can not remove the board without removing the sim card first like your video showed.

@za - you should see the hole on the outside for the sim card tray. you can use a paperclip or sim card removal tool to pop the tray out.

za mengal

how can i insert a sim card in my iphone a1387

scandi

The screwdriver size I think is not Philips0 (zero) as mentionend in the video but rather the even smaller Philips 00 (zero zero). Very helpfull video. Keep it up.

Andre

i droped my white 4S and cracked the front and back glass and even though it worked 100% i hated how it looked so i purchased a blue housing to have a different looking iphone than a typical black or white. i found this video on youtube and watched it fully probably ten times for it was the first time ever opening an iphone of the 4 series. i followed this video step by step and it was very helpful especially with the tech describing every part. my 4S looks very nice in its blue housing and is working 100%. these guys are amazing professionals. thank you very much for this helpful video. great job

sanke raghu

My mobile disply glass

@mani - click the box that says Select a video to download.

mani

i like it and its really very helpful.. but i am not able to download this vedio.. can u plz tell me how to download..?# thanks
Hide All