Home  >>  iPhone  >>  Apple  >>  iPhone 4  >>  iPhone 4 (A1332)

iPhone 4 (A1332)

Approved On: 11/10/10
Description: This is an official Powerbookmedic.com take-apart guide for the iPhone 4.

Roger
3 weeks ago
The best How-TO video that I have seen and I have seen alot of them in my 59 years!!!! Thank you.
bugz
how do i even put it in recovery mode?
@bugz - it is most likely a logic board issue then.
bugz
i cant do nothing.not even put it in tht recovery mode.
@bugz - you should put it in recovery mode and then restore it to factory defaults by syncing it with iTunes.
bugz
i got a iphone, model a1332 and while charging and turning phone on the only thing that happens is that an apple icon comes on and thts it. all i see is the icon. wat u think?
@jony - you would need to explain why you can't use it for me to help.
jony
I bought a new Iphone model: A1332 EMC 380A FCC ID:BCG- E2380A IC:579C . but can't use this phone .
juan carlos
excelente articulo
@corey - it is most likely a damaged logic board. We offer a logic board repair service for iphones in the send-in mac repair dropdown menu above or you can replace the logic board.
corey
I got my iphone wet two months ago it dried out and I just took it out. I tried to turn it on it would not unless it was plugged in... and it was frozen on apple screen.. I did a hard shut down and plugged it into iTunes. now it is stuck on iTunes screen. I went today and put new battery in it.. ihad the inside cleaned and it still will not stay on with out plug. it also is in recovery mode and still stuck... now the apple goes on for 30 sec and then back off over and over how do I fix it
@maisam - use the dropdown just below the video to select which segment you want to save and it will start downloading it
maisam
thanks its very good but Icant save this video piease tell me how can I do that?
iPhone 4
A1332 ECM380B
@sasa - I'm not entirely clear what your issue is. You may want do a factory restore in iTunes to rule out any software issues.
sasa
dear poerbookmedic,soon i received the white iphone4, after a day the power control tool stooped working please help me how to give maintenance of it.
sasa
i need ur help in how to control zoomingmy i phone icon stayed very big and coverd the screen.so how i can cntrol zoom in and out system?
naymyothant@outlook.com
naymyothant@outlook.com
my iphone 4 A1332 i by mistake i deleted the iphone syestem naw is not working when i on my iphone 4 on screen comes blue color and lines U have any solution to start my iphone 4 plez. can you send to me for my mail. thank you
dylan simara
there password on it
Naveed
Hello Please help in replacing a IC in Iphone due to getting a connect to ITune. The recovery mode has done lot times. some boday said power IC is faulty but I am cure it is not faulty
RK
Kaitlin
Hey! I let my father replace my iPhone screen after it was broken, the screen works great However now my phone will not read any SIM cards. Do you have any suggestions on fixing this? My SIM card will work in other phones, but no SIM card works in my phone:(
Philip
@Powerbook Medic thank you for you suggestion of sending my phone in to you guys, but unfortunately, I'm from the Philippines. I will have to resort to other options instead. But thanks for all the help. Appreciate it very much!
@Philip - we are in Alabama. You can schedule a repair using the Send-in Repair link at the top of our page.
Philip
Mind if I ask for your location? I am quite hesitant to have it done locally but I am still searching for a credible shop to bring it to.
@Philip - the dock connector is easier. If you aren't sure which it is, you may want to send it to us to repair or take it somewhere locally, so you don't have to worry about ordering each part one at a time.
Philip
@Powerbook Medic Thanks for the reply. It would be much easier to change the the dock connector first than fiddle with the logic board right away, wouldn't it? But what if the logic board is the only problem, is there any other to get it fixed?
a1241 bcga 1241 597c
ismart fone
@Philip - other parts shouldn't need to be changed. Two things can affect connecting to your computer: the logic board and the dock connector.
Philip
Follow up to my previous post, I am also wondering that if i do change the logic board should it actually fix the problem of my iPhone not being able to connect to my pc or laptop? Thank you in advance!
Philip
Hi, I have a problem with syncing back my iPhone 4 to my pc or laptop. I have tried to have the logic boardmfixed by some apple expert techs but they said it'll cost me a lot because of the other parts that will have to be changed. Is this true? If i change the logic board, other parts have to be changed too? What if there is just a chip that needs to be changed should other components be changed too?
@von - we don't really troubleshoot jailbreak issues
von lester
can you plz helped me sir cause i practice to jailbreak my iphone4s and their is no logo and its turn to blackout now it cannot detect to my pc and in i tunes how can i fixed it plz helped me my dad kill me if he know it.. :(
@wilma - it is hard to say without looking at it. If it says 3G on the phone (different from cell strength), it could be an issue with the logic board not being able to process the data.
wilma macabio
sir kindly help me to get my 3g connection again I have a full signal of 3g but almost 4 days now I cant use my 3g? your response is highly appreciated.
@bhawar - I'm not sure what you are asking. This guide should show you how to remove the sim card and battery.
@joseph - that is not something we'd have. Some sites have a breakdown of the chips on the board, but I've never seen an official schematic.
bhawar
I don't know my iphone4 remive sim card& battery so please help me
joseph marino
I nead to find a schematic of a iPhone 4 logic board.
@Mary - it really depends what was done to it before for your brother to give you that warning. If it was jailbroken and unlocked, it can be difficult to fix it. It depends what method was used and what version it is. It's not something we can really help with.
Mary
Can someone please help. My brother gave me an iPhone 3G that was from an over seas company he told me not to restore it but me being me I did by accident. Anyway when it tried to reboot it was stuck on the connect to iTunes logo but when I did it it didn't help I have tried jail breaking restoring through iTunes but nothing has helped. I really can't afford to send it away to iTunes because I can't afford it I'm just wondering how I can fix it myself and get it up and working again.
Chris Peters
I Ph 4 - thought got wet but moisture sensers still white / sounds alert for texts/power/calls/voice command but video screen black Any suggstions
Henewaa
I deleted my date and want to restore it
Mcain
Thank you. I was guessing that but needed a second opinion.
@Mcain - it probably is a logic board issue then.
Mcain
Home button does not respond at all I have been using the assist touch option. Sometimes the voice control randomly turns on. If the phone is on or even in sleep it connects to iTunes just fine. It's when I turn it off iTunes sees it as it needs to be restored and if I do that it runs normally. Get to the end where iTunes says phone is rebooting will reconnect when it's done, then when it comes back on restore comes back on. If I disconnect it reboot it will start up fine and plug it in iTunes sees no problem with it. So it's only like that if its rebooting while connected to a computer.
@Mcain - if the home button is constantly being pressed, it may go into recovery mode when you power it on. That is how you force it into recovery mode. Only way to check is to temporarily disconnect the home button and see if it boots up normally.
Mcain
My home button quit working on my iphone 4. I have had it replaced but after a week it stopped working again. The repair guy that did it said it my logic board was bad. I can connect to iTunes and it sees it and syncs just fine. But if my phone is off before I plug it in then iTunes boots the phone in recovery mode. If I restore it it, it seems to do just that but when it reboots at the end it still starts in recovery, no errors. If I disconnect it reboots as a new phone and connects to iTunes to finish setting it up. My question is, is it acting that way because of the logic board being bad?
ABRAHAM
MY I PHONE 4 HAS STUCK ...FOR A LONG DAYS EVEN I COULD NOT SHUT DOWN Z PHONE N RE START .... WHAT CAN I DO PLS
@Brenda - as long as it is a GSM (AT&T) iPhone, it should have a card slot in it.
Brenda
I just got a used iPhone and I am sending it to my son. Is there any way to insert a sim card, or is there any? Your suggestions are much appreciated.
@Donah - it originally came with iOS4, but it can support the latest.
Donah
which iOS is used i iPhone 4 mod A1332
@camii - it is most likely a logic board issue at that point. if it is still under warranty I'd contact where you bought it from. If not, you'll probably want it professionally diagnosed just to be sure.
camii
My iphone 4s4s keeps tyrin to turn off on its own and gets stuck on loading circle screen... it has not been dropped and i have done a factory hard reset but it hasnt helped...
@sean - you can try a slightly larger size in the case of a torx screw or a tiny flathead in the case of a philips screw. otherwise, you'll have to create your own slit.
sean
when taking the iphone apart what would you suggest to do if a screw has been rounded and will not move with the standard screwdriver?
@Wkhan - you can restore it through the settings section on the phone or through iTunes.
Wkhan
I want to know how to delet all data from A1332 EMC380A and restore it again.Kindly please help me.Much Appreicated....
@rommel - doubt it was a virus so don't think that is the cause. I would try to do a restore through your computer first. If that doesn't work, it is most likely a hardware issue with the LCD or logic board.
rommel
my i phone is black out but still working,after affected with virus,what should i do?
@Eric - apple switched to some special torx screws mid production. Just do a search on our site for iPhone 4 Torx.
avijit
my iphone5 batery conector +-
Eric
I can't seem to remove the phillips head screws with the 00 screwdriver that came with my replacement back glass, it seems to be too big. Also there's no sim tray on it, does that change which screwdriver I should've used?
Billy
My 32GB iPhone 4 I have to put all calls on Speaker Phone in order to talk on it. If I do not no one can hear me speak. What it wrong?
@Luke - that is typically an issue with your sim card not being registered with your cell provider. I'd contact them.
Luke
My iPhone 4 s keeps displaying emergency calling on the screen every time I go to call someone how do I get rid of it please help ta
Billy
Andrei
My power button is not working! It feels a little loose and when pressed on nothing happens. I believe there is no (spring) tension on it. Any suggestions?
@Hotrod - I would try a soft reset by holding down the power and home button together. That sometimes fixes it. Besides that I would try reseating the cable and then you may want to exchange the screen for another as it may be defective.
Hotrod82730
I dropped my phone and broke the Screen and put a new screen on and it is all working but there is light but no picture like I turned it on and it light up but there is no picture and I don't know what to do will you help me please
@Erika - it most likely has a damaged logic board. We offer a logic board repair service where we attempt to fix corrosion damage or you can replace the board.
Erika
so my iphone 4s fell into the toilet and after submerging it in rice for a day, shows the apple logo as if trying to turn itself on, but gets stuck, i am not able to turn it on or off and when connected to my computer i tried to put it on recovery mode, but it keeps giving me different errors. what could i do?
Erika
@abbas - I'm fairly sure the mic used when recording is built onto the proximity sensor which we sell. The bluetooth issue may be a more severe problem. You may want to test it on another bluetooth device first.
@Shonda - most likely. We have a logic board repair service for water damaged iPhones if you want us to try and see if its recoverable, but with water damage you never know the extent of the damage and it may require replacing it.
abbas
my i phone dose not record the voices when capturing a video and also i cant connect to my bluetooth headphon ..... what can i do?
Shonda
My iPhone 4 got wet I put it in rice for 2 days and it still don't work. I took it a part and cleaned it. I changed out the screen and it still doesn't work. Could it be the logic board that needs to be changed?
@Gaurav - you should be able to google this issue, we deal more with hardware problems.
Gaurav
Hw to delete msgs n mails from iCloud .
@rudo - you'll need to restore it in iTunes. If the sim card is locked though, you'll need to talk to your cell provider.
rudo
I bought apple a1332, and after turning wants code .. What should I do?thank you
@John - you can request a repair quote from our techs for a price through the Send-in Mac Service link at the top.
John
How much will it cost to fix my iphone 4? This phone was dropped in water but removed right away. Turned it off right away and let it sit in a bag of rice for four days. It takes a charge, and turns on to set the default Info and then says load current ios software. Your help is appreciated.
Rob
@Joel - It's most likely the connector right next to the battery. I just took mine apart and left it unattached and it did the same thing.
@Joel - all you can do is recheck your connections and look for any damaged cables.
Joel
I replaced my loud speaker and now I don't have service. What should I do?
@joseph - I'm not sure what you mean. iPhones don't have physical keyboards.
joseph
my iphone has this model number, is it one of the origional apple products? 2. the letter A and Q on the kepad do not work, what do i do about that?
@valery - it sounds like its detecting the battery but just not charging.. usually a sign of a bad battery. You may want to check the battery connections to be sure its fully connected.
valery
My iPhone fell (a1332), and the back cover came out, the problem is that it won't charge. When plugged in the charger it says charging, but when you take it off, it's not charged. If you plug it into the pc, it will say charging and "looks" like it's taking a a charge, but the phone all of a sudden shuts off and restarts. and does the same thing all over again. Any help?
@edward - you'll have to open up the phone and reseat the button.
@ulejamaa - that usually means the camera has become unplugged inside the phone.
edward
my power button was working fine until today where it is like slightly small or lower down than before and now it's hard to press. how do i fix it?
ulejamaa
My iPhone A1332 EMC380A displays camera mode not ready when the camera is turned on...what do i do?..please help
@walayson - that is typically an issue with the digitizer. you may want to sync it up to your computer and do a restore in iTunes to set it back to factory defaults just to rule out a software issue, but it is most likely the digitizer.
walayson
My IPhone is on however cannot slie to unlock..what can I do?
@shaker - the ear speaker should be part of the proximity sensor cable. we sell it to the right.
shaker prasad
in my phone talk speaker and ear listiening were not working so plz help me
Smmie
today i dropped my phone in the toilet and its the iphone4 and i dont know how to fix it but it had no case or cover on it PLEASE HELP
Luis
I wet my iphone apparantly and i was using a lifeproof case. the water got inside somehow from the top, but when i got home like 5 hours or so later it started charging but the power button wasn't working. the next day when i was trying to use it, it was dead I tried everything i could think of! whats the best thing for me to do at this point?
@Mus - it sounds like the logic board is dead which would mean your data is most likely gone.. but you may want to try a new battery first.
Mus
Hi, somebody could help me to repair my iphone4? problem is it cannot 'on' at all even i plug in to itune. not detect at all. most important is i want the photos and vedios inside the phone. i didnt make any back up in itune.
@Austin - if you are referring to the cell phone signal.. you can try replacing the antenna, but there isn't much that could happen to it that could cause a weak signal.
Austin
My iPhone never gives me 2 or more bars , anything I can do ?
linda
i replaced the lcd screen in my iphone 3gs and after it had been off for 5 days i assumed the battery was completely drained so i put the phone on charge and left it for a few hours but when i came back to it the phone hadnt even attempted to turn on, i held down the power and home button simultaneously for 20 seconds and the battery flashes up on screen with about 10 percent red battery on it, i left it to charge for another 4 hours but its still showing the same thing and hasnt charged anymore, its been on charge for 6 hours now and im getting nothing... help?? please??
Stephan
norwegian info: GSM-modell: UMTS/HSDPA/HSUPA (850, 900, 1900, 2100 MHz); GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz) CDMA-modell: CDMA EV-DO Rev. A (800, 1900 MHz)
@Stephan - you'll need to get the one with the same band that your provider uses (AT&T = GSM, Verizon = CDMA)
Stephan
i have a european version. what is the differense between at&t and verizon??whitch to chose??
@imran - you can update the software on the phone through itunes. If you are referring to alternative firmwares, you should be able to search on google for the answers.
imran sukhbir
how to update the frim ware of iphone a1332
@Jerry - it is probably the battery. It may have swelled up or the contact got dirty while in the water. You'll need to open it up and check for corrosion at this point.
Jerry
Great video. My iphone took a dive in the river thanks to my son. 72 hours later after sitting in a bag of rice, it came right back on and is working normally. The only problem is that it won't charge. When plugged in the charger it says charging, but when you take it off, it's not charged. If you plug it into the pc, it will say charging and "looks" like it's taking a a charge, but the phone all of a sudden shuts off and restarts. and does the same thing all over again. Any help?
@gerson - you'll probably need to reset it. do a search for DFU mode and try to restore it.
gerson
my iphone doesn't want to start it only shows the apple picture on the sceen thats all it does.can you tell me why its doing that?
@Jim - the finger sliding will be part of the digitizer. I'd make sure that cable is connected well and doesn't have any accidental tears in it.
Jim M.
I drop my phone in water.Dumb $#@% I know. i tuned it off and and took it a part. When I put it together i can't open the phone and i can't shut it off because when you slide your finger it won't work. It worked before I took it apart. I can use my head bluetooth to dial out and recive calls.
saka ben wia
I have a iphone 4 (A1332) phone and the "show mm caller id" button is frozen. What should I do?
@Rajchin - you won't be able to download the videos, but they should stream fine on your iPhone.
Rajchin
how download videos from iPhone a 1332
@Meka - it sounds like you need a new digitizer. @Jaga - we don't support unlocking phones. You should find ample info on it using google.
JAGADISH
HOW TO UNLOCK MY IPHONE A1332 MODEL
MEKA
MY PHONE WONT MOVE UP OR DOWN PLEASE HELP TO SEE MY CONTACT OR ANYTHING ELSE
greg
i need to fix the sleep/hold button do you have video
Alex
My phone tried to commit suicide and took a bad hit on the upper left corner. The wi-fi and GPS don't work now. Is that part of the logic board? Thanks!!
@lee - you'll need to restore it in iTunes to remove the lock.
lee
my son as put a lock on my phone he,s only 2 so dont no what he put in how do i over ride this if possible
@Joe - most likely. You may want to get it professionally diagnosed at this point.
Joe
Does this mean its logic board is bad? It didnt get wet much since stickers are still white and I turned it off and immediately opened it to dry it.
@Joe - if its both.. its most likely a logic board issue. The Mic is part of the dock connector and the earpiece speaker is a separate part so it'd be difficult for both of those to go bad separately.
Joe
I meant to say i cant hear and they cant hear me. thx
Joe
I got my iphone 4 wet and took it apart followed your video let it dry and then put it back together but now i hear and they cant hear me everything else works though, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
@pricely - we haven't had experience with the red conversion kit yet, but the lock switch is part of the headphone jack module.
pricely
i have a Verizon iphone 4 and the lock button doesnt work and i think the red conversion kit is affecting the screen. any suggestions on what to do?
TK
screen install went good, but no backlight?? i can see the screen is on, can see a few icons, but no backlight to actually use screen?? defective part?? or missed step?
@Steph - you'll most likely need a new logic board at this point.
Steph
My iphone won't restore in itunes. it gets to the Verify firmware stage and fails. iTunes gives me error (1). I have tried to put in it DPU mode as well as recovery mode and nothing is working and it is stuck on the connect to iTunes screen. Any ideas?
@David - I would see if you can put it in DFU mode and then see if it is detected. If that doesn't work, it is probably an issue with the logic board.
David
i need help my iphone has hung on the apple logo and is not being recognized by itunes need major help
@guest - i'm not sure exactly what you are asking. What issue are you having?
@Ranjeet - your cell phone provider should be able to replace the sim card for you. There is usually a small fee.
guest
What is the best internal part to disconnect in the iphone 4 without causing the phone not to work? Will the flex cable be okay?
@misty - you may be able to find a screw list somewhere, but all we'd be able to do is have you send it in to us with the bag of screws, and we could put it back together for you.
@manoj - that error is usually given on fake iphone clones. I'd recommend clicking the send-in mac service link above and email our repairs department with your phone's serial number so we can investigate further.
manoj
when I make a call a message is given: not allowed to dial please help me to solve the problem
RANJEET SINGH
i have a i phone of apple of model A1332 ,, BUT I LOST MY SIM ,, what i do for this purpose.. please help me...........
Misty
PLEASE HELP ME POWERBOOK MEDIC!
misty
My iphone4 (A1332)took a dive in the commode while on,it shut itself off upon removal,I have since torn down the entire inside given the exception of the vibrator and the speakers. I neglegently did this with out labeling the screws and where they had come from,what can i do now?
@Syed - you'll most likely need to replace the battery.
Syed
I am faceing a strange problem with my Iphone 4 model A1332, yesterday i have nearly 67% of battary fillled and its repeatedly getting switch off right now its off. Please let me know wt can i do. i tried many times to ON and its still the same. I kept it to charger now.
manizo
birakaze ibya iphone 4 mudufashe kuko turendagusara
ken
please my iphone4 is taking hours to reboot.
@Jon - We sell some on our site but they don't remain in stock long. Our video should describe removing the flex cable and you'll just need to put it back together in reverse.
@Scott - at a minimum yes. You'd really have to open it up to see the extent of the damage.
Jon
So in the midst of replacing my broken iphone 4 screen, with a complete red conversion kit, i accidentally broke off the very top screw hole on the logic board! oops! Anyways...i have been lookin around and i was hoping there was somewhere to get refurbished logic boards or is there any other solution that you know of? besides spending $150 (at least!!) for one from overseas. Also, do you know anywhere to find a DIY video with detailed instructions on replacing the power/home button flex cable also? Ive looked all around and havent come up with one that is detailed enough. Thanks
Great Video!
Curious! My iphone took a swim and now no longer works. It literally will not even turn on. Is it toast or could I just replace the logic board. What are your thoughts? I hate to let it go for $50 to the local repot. Thanks, SCott
@Georgewell - with all those issues, it is probably the logic board. I would probably have it professionally diagnosed just to see though.
Georgewell
I have a problem with my I phone 4, it doesn't display any features on the screen and the ringer doesnt ring out but buzzed with another phone, the call goes through, in essence my phone remains in a hibernation mood and silent as well. What should be done to correct this?
@Mirwals - you can check the available storage space in the settings on the phone. Without booting it up, there wouldn't be a way to confirm easily.
Mirwais
i bought iphone 4 A1332 and there is 32 GB written on the top but i dont know how to see if its really 32 GB. and it is not playing audio and vidio what should i do?? please
@David - you can replace the battery.
@Steve - based on your description that sounds like the home button flex cable. It should be in the part list to the right.
David Kuwi
Iphone bateery is getting falt so quickly. Is there a way to ocvercome this delima. David
Steve
I was attempting to replace the dock connector on my iphone 4. I accidentally broke the tiny ribbon flex cord just behind the dock connector, what is the name of the part I need to fix this issue? (Your advice would be appreciated).
@Sithan - it'd really be difficult to say without seeing it. it could be the board or the antenna.
Sithan
I bought iphone over 20 days. 5 days ago, a 2.5 tone truck ran over it. Now it does not have coverage connection. It shows "No Service" on the top left. Someone said that it need to get board changed. How can I get it fixed?
maile
my daughter dropped her iphone in soup & the charger port got wet & now it doesn't turn on. Apple tech said something about the crystal is damaged. Is this fixable? She only used her iphone for a day before this happened and will cost $150 to fix/replace per the Apple tech.
shatwali
I bought Iphone A1332 from China and when I want to delete contacts it is asking me phone password which I do not have - Can someone help me please
kingsly
my i phone 4 is not turned on, some one pls give a details and its fCTORY UNLOCKED ONE
@Walter - it sounds like an LCD issue, but you may want to send it in to us or take it somewhere to get diagnosed.
Walter
my iphone just blacks out for some time than comes on again after i have tried so hard to switch on on this is ongoing any help?
@bin - you'll have to restore it in itunes after putting the device into recovery mode by holding down home while powering it up.
bin
in my iphone i don't know it's password is changed and then it is now unlocked so how can i unlock my iphone can i get solution for that....thank u
@Metal and Selden - you'll need to replace the battery. we sell it in the part list to the right.
Metal Tab connected to battery came off
So i opened up an iphone 4 today that was not holding charge, and when i came to pull out the tab that connects the battery to the motherboard, it came right off... so now i have a battery and the metal tab with just a black piece hanging off it. The connector on the mother board is fine cuase i put in another battery... any way i can reconnect the metal tab to the battery?
Selden
My iphoneA1203 battery is not working well as itz finishing very quickly..how do i solve..it.. when my friends call me,iz switched off..i hav to repair it or you have some solution.. please help me *^_^*
@Muhmmed - you'll have to restore the phone in itunes to get rid of the password. you'll lose all unsyncd data.
@Howell - i would check another device to confirm. A tower may be down close to you, but if another device on the same network gets 3G fine at your house, I'd agree with the antenna.
@MIR - i'm not sure exactly what you are asking, but we do not offer support for unlocking.
Muhmmed Shafi
Hello My children change iphone password and forgot, how i can re open it please give reply
Howell
want to replace my antenna. I believe that is has gone bad. The reason is two day ago I stopped getting signal at my house. Before that I got full 3G. Am I on the right track. Plus I have no idea what part to get.
MIR
My iphoneA1332 is now fix in unlocked how can i set it free.
FLiP
Do you have an unlocked 32gb iPhone 4 Logic Board? how much is it? can ship to Saipan, Northern Marianas? Appreciate an early reply... thank you and more power to you guys here at Power Book Med.
IGORY
POMAGITE china ipod A1332 EMC 380A FCC ID:BCG-E2380A IC:579C-E2380A NEMOGU POZVANITY PISHET NEDOSTUPEN NA DANNIY MOMENT
vicky
my phone is also showing 'emergency call' screen.. have just brought his off a friend and brought a new small sim but doesnt seem to work with it... what can i do?!
@Shotan - that typically means there is something wrong with the sim card.
Shotan
i have an iPhone A13320 EMC 380B FCC ID: BCG-E23080B IC: 579C-E2380B. This phone is only Shown Emergency Call but, incoming call is ok. But, the phone has not any function without emergency call messege
YESSICA
MY BABY JUST PUT SOME SALIVA ON MY IPHONE 4 ON THE SPEAKERS SIDE AND THE TOP I DONT KNOW WHAT HAPPEN BUT NOW MY PHONE DOES NOT WANT TO MAKE CALLS WHEN I TRY TO MAKE A CALL IT TURNS OFF AND ON BY INSELF WHAT SHOULD I DO IN THAT CASE?
nina
why is it the internet service is not ready
@Penelope - I'm not sure exactly what you mean. the emergency call message is usually an issue with your sim card or the firmware on the phone. If the sim card is ok, you'll probably want to restore the phone.
Penelope
My Iphone A1332 is not reading the two ships. there's a message of error and only emergency.It happens once and a guy that i got a bug from the net, but I don't use it.
@Ashik - I would try restoring your phone in iTunes first. If they are playing but you just can't hear them, it may be a speaker issue.
Ashik muhammed t p
i cant not play any tipe songs
jeremy
hey i was playing music on my iphon4. i picked it up to change the song and my screen was black. i pushed the hold and the button on the screen... still black. please help! i dont know what happened. it still plays music, calls, sound but just with a black screen. :(
Nwriko
hello, brilliant video nice clear and calm... my iphone4 can no longer be charged i can sync but error message "Charging is not supported with this accessory" (i've obviously tried changing cables) i believe this is happening because the phone got slightly wet with rain.. i have diagnosed (zero experience) a problem in the dock connector. i've followed your video instructions but before continuing past battery removal i would like a) buy your iPhone dock connector with mic as replacement and b) find out if there is any way remove the DC WITHOUT having to dismantle the whole iPhone the way you did in the vid. c) if b) isn't possible send my phone to you for repair.
@Grant - i would probably send it to us or take it somewhere to get professionally diagnosed at this point. There's probably some corrosion somewhere.
Grant
hey, i got pushed in a pool with it in my pocket, and then i let it dry, then i took it apart like u did in the video dried it off and then its still not working, what do i do. P.S. i lost the one screw at the botttom next to the speaker, does it matter if its gone... thnx
Jake
I broke off a screw replacing the vibrator on my iphone 4 what is the best way to get that out
@Jay - it really depends which speaker. I would send in a quote request to our repair department.
@laura - i would try turning it off and restarting the phone first. Then I would try syncing it up to iTunes and restoring it. This will rule out any software issues. If it still doesn't fix it, I would recommend getting it professionally diagnosed by Apple first if there is no obvious damage.
Jay B
Hello, one speaker is not working on my iPhone 4 what is recommended. Please help
laura haggarty
hi sorry i was in the middle of a call earlier and my phone just cut off to black screen. i have tried to reset by holding middle button and do all the usual things, but nothing seems to be working at all :( i rang it to see what would hapen and its saying my phone is on, however i tried answerting it by sliding my finger accros phone and nothing happened :( im confused as to what may be wrong with it as its been working perfectly all day (and for all the time ive had it!)
@Max - I would contact our repairs department through the support section on our site, and they may be able to help you further.
Max
I replaced the vibrate button on my iphone 3gs. After the fix my back light turns off an I have to apply pressure to the top of the screen to make it work. Also, I ended up with an extra part...a small little metal one, that I cannot figure out where it belongs... I can send you a pic...any ideas of what is causing the back light problem?
@Annette - you can try to take it apart and see where the damage is. You'd look for corrosion damage as well as the dots Apple places around inside that turn red when they've come in contact with water.
Annette
Dropped my iPhone in the toilet on Monday it has been submerged in rice. Still won't turn on - it rings when called, makes the sound when plugged in to charger and the vibrate button still works. Any thoughts? My son & husband are both geeks - should we try to take apart and dry it? Thanks, A
Jina
Do you have any recommendations for cleaning a sticking home button on an iphone 4?
@Morgan - you'll need the Digitizer and LCD Assembly listed to the right.
Morgan
My iPhone 4 fell out of my pocket and landed flat on the sidewalk. The whole front is shattered and I'm not sure which service part needs to be replaced?
@Jason - most people suggest putting the phone into rice to help soak up the water overnight before trying to turn it back on. if it is still dead after 24-48 hours, its best to open it up and check on the damage or have it professionally diagnosed.
Jason
My iPhone just got wet...And it's black out,I cant even on back my iPhone..How can i fix this problem ?
@bobby - i would try reinserting your sim and make sure it is going in straight. if that doesn't help, you'll need to open it back up and make sure the sim slot is connected properly.
bobby
replaced my screen got everything put back together now says no service with sim card in it am lost and looking for answers
@angy - doubtful. you most likely damaged the logic board or the sim card reader. I'd suggest having it professionally diagnosed by us or some other company that can give you a free diagnosis.
@CHOU - the phone will autosleep without any user interaction so I'm not sure what you mean.
angy
my iphone 4 just got wet 5 days ago and when I plugged it in to the charger just shows the emergency call thing and ask for plug it to itunes, when I plug it to the computer it only appears the apple, is it the battery?should i let it dry for more days?
CHOU
I have phone 32 GB (model A1332). I would like to know what is the problem: when I open my phone. It stays a little time then turn off. I don’t know why, it’s a problem of software or hard
@Miles - you'll have to take most of it apart as shown in the video and then just move the removed parts over to the new one.
chriss
that is exalent i realy appreciate this good stuff keep it up
Miles
I have been looking into replacing my iphone 4 mid board antenna with frame (like the part you sell). I have been unable to find any repair instructions for it. Do you have any ideas for me?
@rbaca - you should be able to just follow it backwards.
rbaca
Do you have a put back together tutorial ?
H2SS2N
Very Useful thanks!
cyberion
awesome video!
Gianluigi
Great and detailed tutorial! Nice job.
kartik patel
thank very much because any child can do this and my iphone drop in the water and i see this video and fix it my iphone is work right now Thanks a lot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hector
This video are very good help, good quality video and sound great good job
Ed
Fanatastic! So easy, a child could do it. Thank you.
bob scheffer
OMG THANKS SO MUCH!!! wife dropped phone into coffee. I followed video and dried out PHONE FIXED!!!
Aravinth
very good. usefull thankyou.
Pablo
very good tutorial. Thanks a lot.
Luis ojeda