Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Dead keyboard and Trackpad
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:16 pm 
Hi,
today both my keyboard and trackpad just stopped working and never come to life again.
i've tried all the software tricks (reset PRAM, SMC, new vanilla user, booting from a USB external drive with a clone OS, no hope: just a paralyzed pointer at the upper left corner of the screen.
Luckily I can work via a USB keyboard and mouse.
I've tried the trick of putting some paper under the battery to make pressure on the ribbon cable, nothing changed.
I've disassembled the top case to verify whether the other end of it had a loose contact since I had my mobo replaced just a week ago, but no, the connector was well in place.
No trackpad prefs pane any more, no track of both the keyboard and the trackpad on the system profile either.
Keyboard light up in dim light though.
I live in Burundi, as a computer trainer, and no Apple Service nearby, so I'm quite desperate: anything else I can try out?

thanks,

Paolo

Post subject: Re: Dead keyboard and Trackpad
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:09 pm 
Site Admin

If all the connections look fine, about the only thing you can do is start trying new parts. It is most likely the top case or the logic board. You may want to talk to whoever you got the last board from since that was so recent.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]