Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Dead MBP after attempted HD upgrade
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:05 pm 

So I found a good deal on a 320GB WD HD at MicroCenter yesterday and thought that would be an easy nice upgrade for my MBP. So I installed the new HD and powered the MBP on and the little light came on and the CD drive would spin up but no video. So I thought maybe I forgot a connection but after opening and closing the unit 5 or more times and putting the old HD back in and removing the 10.5 OSX CD from the drive I have yet to be able to to do anything to make my laptop boot. The light on the latch switch stays on and the drive will CD spin up every so often but never get video or the boing sound at power on (I am not sure if the speakers were muted the last time I was using the laptop which I thinks somewhat controls that).

I believe the unit is a 2.16 with 3gig ram installed with the original HD I am just trying to get it back running. I have tried CMD+Option+R+P at power on and no boing and not reset with a second boing.

Post subject: Re: Dead MBP after attempted HD upgrade
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:05 pm 
Site Admin

Check the RAM. Take it out, make sure its clean, and reseat it.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]