Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Bent Bezel, Lid won't latch closed
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 4:10 am 
My Macbook Pro 15" took a dive on to my hardwood floor while open. It landed flat and expanded open further. Upon inspection and testing I have found no issues with the operation and function. Whew!!! am I lucky! Everything works. It appears, the display bezel has bent slightly near the hinge and at the top near the isight from the impact. The display won't lock closed now from a miss alignment of the hooks into the slots. There is also additional pressure against the bezel from the case on the bezel near the hinges. I was thinking about removing the display and trying bend the bezel straight. Am I putting undo pressure on the LCD if I leave it alone? Should I just replace the bezel? Will fixing or replacing allow the display to latch closed again? I would prefer not to have to use a giant rubberband to keep my laptop closed if possible.

Post subject: Re: Bent Bezel, Lid won't latch closed
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:47 am 
Site Admin

The big issue is if the hinges are misaligned it can gradually start pinching and even cutting through the cables going up to the display which can get expensive depending on what exact model you have.

As far as bending the bezel, you can bend it a little but its usually better to remove the LCD first, but it is always going to be better to replace the bezel if you want it to go back to looking good.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]