Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: MacBook Pro LCD Replacement
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:58 pm 
My Brother cracked his MacBook Pro Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz 15" screen. I ordered the Santa Rosa & Penryn LED Display (Matte) (for 2.2GHZ, 2.4GHZ, 2.5GHZ, and 2.6GHZ Models) . The store that recommended this site and diagnosed the laptop, installed the screen but informed me that it's not working. He says that the light on the notebook appears on for a couple seconds then turns off. When he puts the cracked screen back in the light stays on and displays stuff on screen.

He believes that the difference in the model numbers could be a possible reason for the problem. (the laptop is being very picky about the higher revision number)
old(cracked) - LP154WP2 TLA1
new(not working)- LP154WP2 TLA3

Also I must note that a corner of the box that contained the LCD was damaged in transit by fedex. I looked at the screen and it appeared to be ok.

Does anyone have any ideas on what the problem could be? I can get more information if needed, I know that there isn't much troubleshooting info provided.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]