Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Replaced Screen, kb keys to dim and brighten screen no work
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:08 pm 
I just replaced the LCD on my MacBook Pro. I have replaced the screen with a matt screen.

The screen appears to work fine, but the keyboard keys to bright and darken the screen do not appear to work.

Is this a connection issue, software problem, or is there something wrong with the LCD? When I press the buttons (F1 and F2 on the keyboard) nothing happens. The icons do not appear on the screen or anything.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:53 am 
Site Admin

Can you still go into the Display settings in System Preferences and adjust the brightness there?

Post subject: Replaced Screen
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:30 pm 
The same happened to me. I replaced a cracked LCD on my Macbook Pro (15" Core Duo). The funy thing is that the brightness control disappeared from the Display Settings widow. I'm baffled.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:49 am 
Site Admin

Usually this happens when it is an aftermarket screen and not one of the manufacturers Apple used. If you purchased the LCD from us, you may need a different manufacturer. You can contact our returns department with your original LCDs manufacturer and they can help you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:07 am 
I have the same Problem. The LCD is from Chi Mei, dlivered by powerbookmedic.
The disassembled one was a Samsung.

What is your suggestion?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:29 pm 
Site Admin

justin-pbmedic wrote:
Usually this happens when it is an aftermarket screen and not one of the manufacturers Apple used. If you purchased the LCD from us, you may need a different manufacturer. You can contact our returns department with your original LCDs manufacturer and they can help you.

Post subject: Re: Replaced Screen, kb keys to dim and brighten screen no work
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:25 am 
Hi everyone,
Thanks for bringing this up. I just replaced a 15" Macbook Pro panel with a Santa Rosa replacement (SKU86074) and it works fine except for the brightness control.
The old panel was an LG/Philips LP154WP2... if that helps.

I don't know if this is different from other people's experience, but I still have the display brightness option in the display settings, but the slider does nothing at all.

Similarly, when I hit the brightness control keys (F1/F2) the little brightness adjustment icon appears, but it remains stuck on one singular bar, no matter how much I push either the brighten, or dim buttons.

The screen is quite bright, and that's fine, but it does not switch off when I close the lid, and this concerns me.

Any help would be appreciated!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]