Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Weird Jaguar Porblem On WallStreet
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 10:14 pm 

I have a WallStreet II running at 233Mhz with an 18Gb hard drive (5Gb partition for the OS) with 192Mb RAM. I used an older version of Norton Utilities Disk Doctor to defragment and optimize the hard drive in OS 9. OK... here is where the problem comes up... When I tried to reboot back into 10.2.8 it kicked me into my firmware and I had to tell it to exit. Then it would not recognize my OS! I tried to reinstall OS X and it would go through the 1st install CD but it would not eject the 1st disc on reboot asking for the 2nd disc like it did when I originally installed OS 10.2. When I tried to reboot, it would give me the circle with a slash through it and would not boot. Booting into OS 9 is fine! Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 9:33 am 
Site Admin

For all those Wallstreet users out there, we strongly reccomend against installing OSX on the Wallstreet unless you have some type of G3 OR g4 processor upgrade. Officially Apple does not support OSX on a Wallstreet (though it can be made to work) This is why with OSX on a Wallstreet you will run into a host of incompatibility issues. If you really want to run OSX and don't mind losing your unit, I'd reccomend upgrading to a Pismo as they are stable units that run OS X very well.

If you're looking at upgrading your Wallstreet, we sell upgrades at the link below:

https://www.powerbookmedic.com/xcart1/c ... hp?cat=339

-Bradley
PowerbookMedic

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]