Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: 12" PowerBook Latch
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 11:36 pm 
My 12" PowerBook dropped. Not very much, just barely. Ugh! Anyway, the latch broke! It's not covered by warrenty. The part is $50 but the labor is $80 an hour where I can take it...

...I'm very good with taking machines apart and so forth, for a technically inclined person would replacing the latch be doable? Or is this something that definately should be handled by an Apple certified technician?

Post subject: Clarification of Original Post
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 6:50 pm 
After re-reading my post I thought that maybe it perhaps was not clear...

The latch at the top of the screen is what broke specifically.

I am actually purchasing the top and bottom (track pad area and underneath of casing) and have no doubt it will be easy for me to replace these parts.

However I am not too sure about replacing the latch at the top of the screen and wondered if it would be something that WITHOUT A DOUBT should be handled by an Apple certified technician.

As I said before, I have absolutely ZERO worries regarding replacement of the top and bottom casing. With that in mind, would anyone feel that I should not have any problem with the top latch? Or is it a whole different ordeal altogether?

Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 1:36 pm 

Hi - did you ever fix your latch on the Powerbook ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 4:01 pm 
Site Admin

for an aluminum its not that bad. it requires replacing the front bezel. As long as you are careful with the antenna cables.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]