Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: CRT Monitor colours look too flat when connected to ibook.
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:34 pm 

I love my new (used) ibook 933 but I've connected it to my CRT monitor and the colours on that screen look very flat. The monitor is high quality KDS flat-screen CRT with many adjustments available. I've turned the contrast all the way up, but the colours appear washed out. No longer have Adobe Gamma--doesn't seem available with OSX. I used to like its colour management where you could set the blacks, greys and whites. I do design and art work so I need good colour. Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 8:06 am 
Site Admin

Have you played with the display settings on the iBook...tried different resolutions etc?

-Bradley
PowerbookMedic.com

Post subject: problem resolved
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 12:38 pm 

Thanks for responding. I found that when I went to the monitors setting, I eventually got it to recognize my Avitron monitor. At that point it listed two options "avitron" and "avitron calibrated". When I chose the later, it gave me a whole new set of calibration options--much like the old Adobe Gamma. I still find the contrast a bit flat, but is much improved. Bonus is that I set the refresh rate to 100 hertz and my monitor is dead stil--was not aware of how much the flickering was present, until it stopped! I am limited to the resolution of the ibook, cuz it only mirrors, so the image sharpness on my crt is not as high as I'd like. Would love to hear from other designers about their switch to LCD and whether it has lived up to their expectations. Would love to have the extra office space by getting rid of this monster-sized CRT but am concerned about getting good colour and resolution (no jaggies) on an LCD.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]