Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Powerbook G4 Titanium
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 1:23 pm 

Hi All,
Sick to death of discusions and debates re Powerbook G4 Titanium. This is a model that should have had an unquestionable recall and free display/hinge replacement due to being unfit for stated purpose.

Like a lot of buyers I'm sitting looking at this notebook with it's seperated display unit because of poor manufacture design and hinges that have fallen apart.

Great machine apart from this catastophic fault. SHAME ON YOU MACINTOSH :evil: .

Windows convert.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 7:10 pm 
Site Admin

eh well. thats why my mac mini rules :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 10:02 pm 

Thanks Justin,
for the reply but I'm still angry at the Macintosh's refusal to admit error and do the decent thing by initiating a no quible recall to rectify their design fault. I'm well able to carry out most repairs myself but with this fault it's nigh on virualy impossible impossible to repair and end up with a machine looking half decent as the titanium's finish is ruined after repair. I have paid for and downloaded the instructions to make the repair and you have to strip back the entire powerebook in order to remove the last connection neccessary to carry out the instructions. (Which by the way were excellent)
My screen is not only detatched but has large black blobs across the sreen whatever happened when the second (RHS) hinge inevitabaly gave way and display flopped.

Out of curiosity, if I simply remove the screen can I use the powerbook as a mini desktop machine with a seperate external mac monitor.

I said it before the mac's superb but I simply wish Macintosh would put their hands up and admit error. Every now and then, anyone can make mistakes but it's more important to recognise and admit it, if and when such an occasion arises. Instead of simply leaving the paying public to fork out the ridiculous expenses incurred through a poor and ill thought out design.

The level of disscussion and common identical problems surrounding this issue scream out that the design is faulty.

Many thanks at least for the reply but it fails to offer either comfort nor support for my argument.

Thanking you all the same, :x

Stewart (sparkiefive@ndirect.co.uk)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 2:09 pm 
Site Admin

Yes you should be able to run it on an external monitor without the screen. that's how we test for video board problems.

it is sad that there are so many hinge problems though. I don't see a recall happening though. That would hurt Apple too much financially. Probably would send them back to the dark ages in computer design. You would think a 3rd party company would develop alternate hinges that are more sturdy, but I'm sure Apple's lawyers would be right after them.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]