Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Ibook Clamshell g3 blue
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 1:12 am 

my i book is giving me alot of strange problems i "had" mac os x on it and it worked fine the it started to do all kinds of weird stuff! i can not boot it up or reinstall os x. because it will either
1. Turn on without chime black screen
2. Turn on with chime and a pure white/grey screen
3. I hold down option after leaving on for hours and get a boot menu then i select top boot off hard drive and it turns white, or it will give me the missing finder blinking icon, or it will bring me to the firmware that looks somewhat like dos! it also does that sometimes when i turn it on.
4. I go to boot menu and select Cd: Mac Os X Install disc 1 click continue and it freezes.
5. Does nothing!
Please help me! The cd drove is brand new also i need to install new plastics i have new parts but dont have all the screws do you know where i can buy them cheap? or any other parts for clam sheell

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 9:10 am 
Site Admin

Those are odd problems which are likely logic board related. I'd reccomend sending it in to us for diagnosis ($50) or repair ($75 labor + part cost)

-Bradley
PowerbookMedic.com

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]