Home  >>  Tablet  >>  Apple  >>  iPad  >>  iPad Wi-Fi + 3G (A1337)

iPad Wi-Fi + 3G (A1337)

Approved On: 5/21/10
Description: This is an official Powerbookmedic.com take-apart guide for the iPad Wi-Fi + 3G.

@olawale - that's what this video is here to do. If you are still uncomfortable repairing it, you may want to send it to us or take it to somewhere locally to have it fixed for you.
olawale
Pls can any body put me through how to open ipad A1337
@Lance - it is a complete disassembly and we sell the part in the list to the right.
Lance
I'd like to replace the back cover on my iPad 1 wifi 3G. What is the best way to go about this?
@John - I'd check the digitizer cable, reseat it, and check for any crimps or damage.
John
i replace a battery on a iPad and now the top part of the screen doesn't work when i touch a icon.
arvlnd
my ipad slmlock
francisco
I can send my logic board ipad 64g for review and I live in mexico repair which would cost and if the warranty would have another question on the card selling repaired missing in the picture does not have the connector to the Communications Board or if fitted but not in the image detail you could answer me this question or I would have to weld it
@MG - we have a separate video for an iPad 2 and separate category for parts. You can try to repair it yourself or you can send it to us and we can repair it as well.
MG
Man I feel like a spammer, would you like me to post or send pictures so that you could see it?
MG
@Powerbook Medic I found out that it is a ipad 2. How I would I go about replacing these parts? I was thinking of purchasing a display model of the ipad 2 from walmart because they arent getting any more in. Would it be possible to take the parts off it and use them? Or should I just send it to apple?
@MG - it'd be really hard to diagnose something like that without seeing it. You could try replacing the digitizer first, but it most likely has a damaged logic board as well and may not be cost effective to fix.
MG
I found a busted up ipad laying on the ground and the Glass panel was completely destroyed I took off the LCD and plugged it in a wall outlet charger and it beeps every couple of minutes. The Home button is destroyed and it does not respond to itunes. I can't tell if it is working because with the LCD connected via the ribbon connector there is nothing displaying. I does not beep with the LCD connected.
Roy
I dropped mine and the screen popped right out, no tools required! I would not suggest this method, however!
@sam - it really depends how tight the glass is. You sometimes may need to use a suction cup to get enough of a gap so you aren't touching the outer casing.
sam hebblen
Impressing, but doesnt this leave some wear of use and scratches on opening?
Harrie Meijers
Very clear instruction. Also: if you don't have the tools or the correct skills, don't do this at home. Very helpfull. Thanks

Comment: