Home  >>  iPod  >>  Apple  >>  iPod 6th Gen (Classic)  >>  iPod 6th Gen (A1238)

iPod 6th Gen (A1238)

Approved On: 4/13/10
Description: This is an official Powerbookmedic.com take-apart video for the iPod 6th Gen (Classic).

John
Hi, I've been trying to fix my girlfriend's 80 gb model a1238 and I'm having some trouble. When I plug it into my computer (that runs Windows 8.1), I get an error message that says "The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned and windows does not recognize it." I tried hard reseting it, but no matter what I try, I can't get the screen to come on. Is there anything I can do to remedy this?
Kevin
Hey there, I bought a used iPod classic 30g and the model number on the back cover says A1238. Its says 30gig on it clear as heck. Nothing I have seen so far says this should even exist. The A1238 is supposedly only 80g or 120g, so whats up with this one? The case on this is absolutely mint, like new with zero scratch's. Makes no sense.... [It needs a battery so I can't fire it up to look at the info page just yet.]Anyone know about this? Thanks much.
Stacy
The problem I have is that it will play music for a while then stop playing, but the screen will still be on and working as if it's playing music. This started happening after many drops. What part of the ipod would I have to check out to see what the problem is? I don't just want to toss it in the trash or anything like that. It works, but needs some tweaking.
@Matt - the dock connector is part of the logic board.
Matt
Hi there , I have a 6th gen ipod classic and the dock connector is damaged, is it possible to get a replacement connector?
@Dougie - it is hard to say without opening it up. It may have just damaged the battery or it could have damaged that part of the logic board and it would need to be cleaned and then replaced if that doesn't help.
Dougie fraser
Hi there, I have spilt som liquid onto my I Pod 1238, it will now not charge, it will play and start up normally. Can anybody help me buy telling me what I have to change to fix my little mishap ?? Thanks
@amir - there's no such thing as a 160gb ipod nano. If it is a classic like in this video, you can just follow the video.
amir tirandaz
i need to open the back of my ipod nano 160g plz send me the manual or the video of how to do that.
lynette
the ipod classic you can hear move ment on the insidr and lights up and shows but wont go ahead and load up any suggestions? littlered42@hotmail.com
@marc - if the computer won't recognize it is probably a major issue such as the hard drive or the logic board. you may want to get it professionally diagnosed at this point.
marc
also my laptop wont even recognise that there is a device plugged into it.
marc
my ipod a1238 has a warning symbol circle with x in it and wont load past that screen can you help me
@ashish - you can put it asleep by holding down the down button on the clickwheel.
ashish
how can i switch off my ipod apple a1238
@Dulce - it really depends on the extent of the damage. Typically water damage will kill the logic board first, but you'd really need to open it up and check for corrosive damage or have it professionally diagnosed.
Dulce
Hello! My ipod got soaked, can it still be abled to fix it?
@DMS - it really takes practice to figure out where all the contacts are inside. It's best to start out with one of the non-metal tools until you figure out where all of them are. I don't know of any paint. It'd probably be cheaper just to replace the front.
DMS
how do you avoid scratching the hell out of the casing? If you do scratch the casing, is there a paint that can match the gray casing color?
Jackie
My ipod fell and the screen cracked can you help pleasee!!!!!!!!
Alfonso
Hello, I fell in a pool with my ipod it was soaked, Is it no permanently ruined ? or can it be saved ?! please help

Comment: