Home  >>  iPhone  >>  Apple  >>  iPhone 3GS  >>  iPhone 3GS (A1303)

iPhone 3GS (A1303)

Approved On: 9/10/09
Description: This is a Powerbookmedic.com video for the iPhone 3GS.

1 week ago
@Ranga - you should be able to sync it up to iTunes and get them.
Ranga
1 week ago
Hi, my I phone 3gs total display gone and it is blinking.... cannot see any picture in the screen. I need to take backup of my videos ....I try it thru I cloud but I could not do it. is there any way????? to get my old videos??? please advise
Amil
1 week ago
very very thanx alots because so help for us.please more how to open.
3 weeks ago
@Ravi - you'll need to put the phone in recovery mode and do a factory reset with iTunes. You will lose all your data.
Ravi
3 weeks ago
My iphone model no. A1303,my phone show iphone diseable connet itune.no any function work but when sim insert incoming but outgoing not work and keypad only show emergency call. Please help its urgent.
@prabhu and @John - you'll probably want to do a factory restore with iTunes. @prabhu you'll probably need to put the phone in DFU mode to do this. You can see how to do this with a google search.
prabhu rayudu
hi,my phone shows the charging symbol, but not getting charged.showing itunes with a cord symbol..plz found a solution for this
John
I can not download any application on my iPhone A1303 and also to open my facebook account is a promble why?
Shakir
3g
@tutu - most likely one of the antennas got unplugged or damaged. you'll need to go back into it and check it out.
tutu
after changing battery no more network
giliano
unlock
@ram
When i plug in charger in my iphone 3gs (ios 6.1.6 .... Jailbreak ...model A1303) it show only one network bar then no service then searching... Then full network ....after 5min it show full network ... Plz tell me how to fix it...
MUSTAFA
my phone spontaneously stopped getting a signal and all that's coming up is either no service or it continuously says searching; I've restored it yet nothing seems to have changed, any suggestions?
raj
network solution iphone a1303
balvant
what is the prosiger change i phone id
Steve
I ordered and received a 3GS Glass and digitizer, but there must be another step. The part I received does not have a metal frame (with the mic and the command button) Does this pry off the glass?
Madel
how can I get the pass code for my iPhone model A1303
hi
i dont use my apple A1303 for months when i charge it not work, i charge it overnight still no sign of charging and i tried on the button but not working help me pls, what happen to my phone
joy,
My apple iphone model a1303 screen is not responding at all.it has a little crack on d around d home button.pls how can i rectify this.
all out of ideas
Sutton
My phone flashes on and off, can not make a call or use feels like its warm like the battery may be over heating ? any ideas.
lucifer
i was trying to update my iphone 3gs iso5 to iso 6 but in meantime what happened i actually don't know .it's restarting itself automatically.Any one can help me in this regard ..please
nikitha reddy
i threw my iphone on the floor out of my anger,now its not working..if am connecting to power supply also der is no display..i am worried dat what may b its problem..:(
Tarot
Hi my wife replaced the battery on iPhone 3GS put it all back together and wifi did not work so took it apart again and took screen off sorted wifi it was a connector off :-/ then put it back together , now it all works except the backlight only works when booting up then it switches off just before the home screen comes on :-/ please help as it's my daughters phone :-(
STM
1. Plug your device into your computer. 2. Turn off the device. 3. Hold the Power button for 3 seconds 4. Hold the Home button without releasing the Power button for 10 seconds 5. Release the Power Button but keep holding the Home button 6. Keep holding the Home button until you are alerted by iTunes saying that it has detected a device in Recovery Mode 7. (Thank you spacemarine288 from California)
bluekillersmurf
just replaced the whole dock/mic/antenna board in my 3gs and everything is working fine except my phones signal. i checked to make sure everything is seated correctly and it is, but i noticed there are some tabs that touch the side metal panels (two of them one from the dock piece and one from the main board) are they both supposed to touch the side.??
Anthony
I have a a1303 model white. I try to turn it on, and the apple screen shows up for a couple of seconds, then it's gone. how can I fix this?
Baldev singh
Dont come the menu on the screen. Please send me problem solution.
juserf
excellent video brothers would not have been able to uncover one without your help. thanks
@Anisha - if you can't see anything at all including the boot up process you probably need a new LCD. If it is just the home screen, you may need to restore your phone through iTunes.
Anisha
I cannot see my home screen on my apple 3gs 32gb..please help...its urgent
marry
hey my iphone lcd is damaged can i flash or remove all my data in it without repairing or by attaching it with my computer??????
@Karthik - I'm not sure what you are asking. This is a repair guide. If you are looking to sell your device, we have a section for that called Sell It.
@Sounak - it usually does, yes. Sometimes it can be the logic board, however, but I'd start with the LCD if you are going to be repairing it yourself.
Karthik
my friend having a1303 model black color phone it's good condition, now i like to buy a mobile, i confused that rate so kindly update the 2nd quality rate pls.......
Sounak Das
Does white screen mean that the LCD needs to be changed? I have a iPhone 3GS,nothing happened to the phone
@sumeet - the only one part that could cause both of those issues is the logic board. If it is a multiple part failure, you may want to get it professionally diagnosed so you don't have to keep ordering parts to try them out.
sumeet
i have 3gs phone but this phone showing now no sim and lcd light also off . what i will do . please help me
@Suleman - you'll want to hook it up to your computer and see if you can reboot the phone into DFU mode and restore it. Google search should help you on that process.
Suleman Ahmad
I recently downloaded ios 6.1.3 via OTA on my 3GS. When i started the installation, the installation bar appeared briefly but after that the apple startup screen just keeps on coming and going but my iphone is not starting. Need Help, please
@Diego - it is hard to determine the extent of water damage without opening up the phone and looking around for corrosion. Typically it'll fry the logic board if powered on while wet and not dried out quickly.
Diego
My iPhone dosent work because I can nearly se what I click on plz help me ...I dropped it on water on accident that's why
KANELL
THE SIGNAL STRENGTH OF MY IPHONE 3GS IS VERY LOW.HELP ME PLSE
@kev - you'll most likely need both the front glass digitizer and the vibrator assembly. They are both listed in the parts to the right.
kev
i have an i phone 3gs 16gb and its vibrator dont work and it wont type the top set of letters on the qwerty touch screen it will respond to the rest and sometimes you can not tap the dissmiss or any other comand if put on screen wots wrong
@Tay - you may want to just replace it at this point. It is most likely a logic board issue and may not be feasible to repair.
Tay
I replaced my LCD screen because it was stuck on an all white screen, and now that i've replaced it it's blinking white and back to black screen! I've connected every cable correctly. Is there anything I could do or do I have to just buy another phone?
@Janie - you typically get that when you are trying to charge it with an incompatible cable. Try another cable.
Janie
My 16GB Iphone 3gs won't charge and says "Charging not supported with this accessory". I replaced the battery and dock connector and still says the same thing. Any ideas?
Sue
Thank you for your help, I will double check with the att store in town tomorrow and if they confirm that they will unlock it I will order. Thanks again.
@Sue - shouldn't be a problem. all of these should be out of contract, so AT&T should be fine unlocking it.
Sue
My phone is unlocked currently using a gophone ATT sim card and wifi combination to run. Your web site says your boards are locked to the carrier. Will Att unlock that for me? Otherwise its sort of a moot point to replace it since Im not under a contract....thanks for your help
Sue
Thanks, I have tried both of my cables and the apple store got the same error codes on their machine and cables. Logic board it probably is I will see about purchasing one from Powerbook Medic.
@Sue - you may want to try another cable just to be sure, but it is most likely an issue with the flash storage built into the logic board at this point.
Sue
Iphone3gs shows connect to itunes when plugged into wall chgr, dark when unplugged. In Itunes it isn't recognized until I put it in DFU mode or restore mode. Device is recognized in the Device manager until it begins to hang at apple is verifying restore it then dissappears. Itunes then gives me an error 1602. If I try to restore from restore screen it hangs preparing iphone for restore and gives me a 1604 error. I have replaced the lower dock connector assembly and get the same issue.
Di
Thx. Do you do that? The apple store? Any ideas where to go?
@Di - it is probably multiple parts that'll need to be replaced given those issues. Worst case is the logic board, but it may just need a dock connector cable. I'd get it professionally diagnosed.
Di
Dropped an iPhone 3 I'm using as iPod touch. Crack in the back cover from docking area up about 1.5 inches. Now the home button doesn't work (figured a way round that) but it also won't charge. Seems connector doesn't click in anymore. Suggestions?
@nic - this happened just by changing out the sim card? you may want to take it back to at&t. on your end, all I could suggest is putting it into DFU mode and restoring it.
asjad
iphone a1303 is not start only apple display
nic
ive had my iphone 3gs almost 3 yrs and never had a problem. well tuesday i went and got a new sim and now my screen is white and it looks like bar codes are scrolling down screen. is there anything i can do? if so please email me at nicspurlin@yahoo.com and put "iphone" as subject. thanks everyone
Daddy Good
Hi, got a funny one, replaced lcd and digitiser, now it has dark screen but it flashes bright dark bright dark but only when charger is removed. Thought this could be a 6r8 fault but not sure as it seems there is some power intermittenly getting to backlight, any ideas or what price to fix
@angeldean - there is an issue with your earpiece speaker. It comes with the glass and digitizer assembly from us, so if you ordered that part from us, you may want to contact customer support.
angeldean
hi i ve changed my lcd screen and windows from my iphone 3 gs everything was looking good but when i try to call i cant hear my caller and i dont know why ? cause when i put it in speaker it works ! and they can hear me ... can you help me and tell me if there is any way to fix that ? thank you
@lisa - it is most likely the LCD.
lisa
My iPhone A1303 is showing a a dim screen with dime white horizontal lines. I can otherwise see everything and move through the screens. Any idea on what to do?
charlie
hi at the moment i am living in saudia arabia so i cant really send it to you though all i want is for the iphone to boot up so i can synch all my data and at the moment it only turns on when plugged into the wall charger and keeps flashing like its trying to boot up so i have opened it up and the motherboard looks fine so do you think the battery is damaged and i need a new one as it looks like there is not enough power to boot up the phone and also now the phone has no backlight though the motherboard looks brand new and thanks for your help
@Charlie - we have a new iphone logic board repair service where we have a good success rate on repairing iphones with liquid damage. You can find out more details by going to the Send-in Mac Service section at the top and choosing iPhone repair.
Charlie
Hi i dropped my iphone 3gs in water and it got completely submerged and so i left it in rice for a few days to dry out but it still wouldnt turn on so i stuck it in the charger and the apple logo came up but it seems to be stuck on this and it only shows up when i have it plugged it so i left it on charge all night but it still didnt turn on and when i reomove it from the charger it just goes blank and wont switch on i have all my photos and videos on there with no back up what can i do to fix it can you please help
@jd - the #1 connector is the LCD. I would make sure that connector is in good and doesn't have any damage. You'll probably want to just replace the LCD.
jd
hi thanks for getting back to me so i was wondering where i should start do i replace the lcd screen or hat? though when i dropped the phone in water i did open it up and the tab that was numbered 1 came off so i pushed it back in is this the tab that connects the lcd screen and if so what would be my best option and i appreciate all your help
@jd - that would usually be the LCD or the connection of the LCD cable to the logic board.
jd
hi thanks for your advice and good news my phone has started working again and everything seems to be working perfect except my iphone has no backlight so it is hard to see everything so i was wonderinng if there was a fix for this available or how much it would cost to fix this or if its possible to fix myself though i have moved to saudi arabia so it would be nice if i could fix it myself
@jd - it most likely has some corrosion inside. You'll need to open it up or send it to us to take a look at. If there is still moisture inside I'd put it back in the rice for a few days. If it is corrosion, the board would need to be professionally cleaned and see if its salvageable, or it needs to be replaced.
jd
hi i dropped my iphone 3gs in water and it got fully submerged. i tried turning it on but there was no response so i read about the rice trick and left it in a bag of rice for about 24 hours which seemed to dry it out. i then tried turnin it on again but it was unresponsive so i plugged it into my charger and then the phone showed me a very faint apple logo but was unresponsive so i removed it from the charger and have put it back into the rice. if someone could please help me with what i should do now as i dont know if my iphone will work or if someone has had similar symptoms with ther phone and if ther phone has started working or not as i have everything in my phone so if someone could please help it would be greatly appreciated
@kingsley - typically that is from the digitizer coming unplugged or going bad.
kingsley
My 3GS ,the down side of the screen is not responding to touch.pls tell me what to do.
@Peter - you can restore iPhones in iTunes and through the system menu.
Peter wilbald
I need to restore this phone because every time will be stark xo I need applications to be saccesed
@Gary - you are probably not getting any speaker audio at all (like when playing a game), this would require replacing the lower dock connector most likely.
Gary
Have no ring tone when someone is calling me. Only have a vibrate. How do I get a ringtone back?
@Gab - usually there is enough adhesive left on your phone for the new battery. If you need some adhesive though, you can search our site for adhesive and find some for other models which you can just cut to fit for yourself.
Gab
How to install a new battery if we lost the adhesive tape rounded Tq 4 the appreciated information
@Natalie - with all of those issues, it is most likely a logic board issue.
Natalie
My iPhone 3GS has no sound. The headphone, earpiece and speakerphone. What could be wrong?
@Mary - sometimes alcohol will work, but typically it'll require replacing something. With liquid damage like that, we wouldn't know for sure the extent without seeing it. It may just need a menu button flex cable sold in the part list to the right. If you'd rather not do it, you can check on repair costs by clicking the Send-in Repair link at the top of the page.
Mary Jo Westcott
My grand-daughter dropped my I-phone 3GS into a half a cup of coffee. I let it dry out for a few days...everything works now except for the bottom button that returns you to the main screen. I used to repair cell phones for CellularOne, but this is soooo much more complicated. I assume there is corrosion on the circuitry. When I was repairing phones many years ago I would sometimes be able to clean the circuitry with alcohol and the phone would work. Can this be done for this problem? do you do this and what would it cost?...Thanks a bunch
@alex - that's a strange issue. I would assume it's the logic board. you may want to check with your cell provider first though to make sure its not a problem with your sim.
alex
when people call me i can't receive and it says its busy
@Tasos - very carefully. Sometimes it is not even necessary, but if you do use one, make sure to use low heat and don't stay in one place or you will damage something permanently.
Tasos
Hey i would like to know how should i do the heat gun thing so i can separate the digitizer.
Wendy
Ok so I replaced the charging dock in my iphone 3gs it charges great! Yea however it no says no service? what did I do or fail to do? one of the connectors maybe? Any help would be appreciated
@Trace - typically you'll need a new logic board, but really the only way to be sure is to open the phone up, look for corrosion, and try new parts.
Trace
i have a i-phone 3gS 16 gb it was dropped in water how do i fix it? If possible i would really appreciate the info. back light comes on although really dark
curtis
no water damage i know i can fix it its real easy it looks like is it worth the 15 or 16 buck to resale it looks like i can get 90.00 or more it an att iphone 8 gig
@Mike - you'll probably need at a minimum a new LCD, but with water damage, it is hard to tell without looking at all of the components inside for corrosion damage.
@curtis - it really depends if you can find a buyer for it. we buy non-working devices through our Sell Your Gadget program if you'd rather just get rid of it.
curtis
I bought a used 3Gs at a grage sale for 3.00 do you think its worth the fixing of the screen to resale i plug it in an it looks like the screen is broken an thats all. it turns on an lights up but you cant make out what the screen is saying
Mike
Left my 3GS in the rain, put it in rice for 24 hours, it works but no light. Very hard to see, what do I do to get it to work? Thanks, Mike
Jeff
Think is may be a bad #3 cable, very fragile
@Jeff - ah.. that should come with the midboard.
Jeff
I'm sorry I meant to say the earpiece, I can hear fine through speakerphone but when it's off nothing... is their an earpiece replacement for the 3Gs? I don't see how that could have been messed up on the new install
@Jeff - the speaker is part of the dock connector.. see if still charges.. that dock connector assembly may not be plugged in all the way.
Jeff
Hey guys, I recently swapped out a screen and now the speaker does not work, I don't recall damaging anything on the phone... could something have come loose during the install?
@vikbz - I would try another set of headphones to be sure, but that is typically a headphone board that'll need to be replaced. We sell them in the part list to the right.
@Saprina - we sell sim card trays in the part list to the right.
vikbz
hello, i have a problem with my 3GS that when i connect anything into the jack plug i only hear on one ear. I am using the original earphones that came with it BTW.
Saprina
I need a sim card holder for a iphone 3gs how or where can i get one.
khiel
what is d damage or how will i fix my iphone?it only shows on the screen the itunes logo with a disc and the plug of usb chord,, hope u can help me
khiel
what is the damage of my iPhone who doesn't charge or open? it only show on the screen that iTunes with a plug of USB chord,,hope u can help me
Miya
My iphone 3gs (32 gb) randomly turned itself off and won't come back on. Not even power+home or charging it has helped. What could the issue be? I recieved it 2nd hand (farily new) and I've only been using it a year. I'm scared that I will lose all my data because I haven't synced in a month. If I can't turn it on, how do I get my data off?!
@kotesh - we'd really have to see it, but based on your description it is probably the logic board.
kotesh and vishal
so... i dropped an 85lb dumbell on my phone.. screen is not cracked at all so i just opened it up but idk what needs to be fixed.. the phone just doesnt turn on or make sounds
If only one is broken, you only need to replace the one item. Replacing the whole assembly is easier of course though.
Mike
Would you guys recommend replacing both the LCD assembly panel and the digitizer if only the screen is cracked? Thanks.
@Chelsea - you'll need to open it up and see the extent of the damage. We offer a free repair diagnosis if you want to send it to us to take a look at and see if it is worth repairing.
@Tatum - you'll need the lower dock connector assembly. we sell it in the part list to the right.
Chelsea
I dropped my 3GS in a tub full of water a few months back an replaced it w the new 4G. That being said, I would like to be able to have the 3GS as a backup. After dropping the phone I turned the phone off an put it in a bag of rice for a few days. For the most part the phone works like a champ aside from the turning off randomly every once in awhile (I haven't noticed if it does it very much because it's been off) an that the microphone doesn't work. What would I need to do/replace, to fix these problems? Any tips and or suggestions would be much appreciated :-)
Tatum Griffore
My Friend gave me an Iphone3GS (Model A1303) when I got home I put it on the charger which was brand new i bought it on my way home. Anyway when i got my Iphone plugged in it wouldn't charge... so i looked up into the charging areain my Iphone and the little brackets were itger bent or missing... What I nneed to know is.. can this be fixed for a decent price and also does anybody know who or where I Can get this done at please respond on here or email me TatumBabay22@Gmail. Cmomm pricr
@adam - we'd really have to see it in shop to give a good diagnosis. given those issues, it is probably the logic board.
adam
@rick - you'll need to replace the glass.. the digitizer is built in.
rick
can the i phone 3gs touch pad be replaced without replacing the glass or anything else
Roger
It would help if you would tell how many screws are in the Logic board
Janet
i have an iphone 3gs and it says iphone disabled. is there any way of clearing that?
@Sarah - That typically happens when it gets stuck doing a software update. You will probably need to boot up the phone in DFU mode to get past that. Then you should be able to restore it in iTunes.
@Linda - you'll have to restore it in iTunes.
Sarah
I updated my phone on my laptop through iTunes and my phone has frozen. All that is showing on my screen is the apple sign and a loading bar. I've unplugged my phone from my laptop, removed the sim card and still nothing how can I fix this?
Linda
how do you reset the password or restore Iphone?
@ETIN - if the issues are related, it's most likely a logic board issue. we'd really have to see it in shop to get a better diagnosis.
ETIN
my phone is telling to choose a network and security and also, the itune option is telling me to insert sim even when my sim is well inserted.
@md - you may need to put the phone in recovery mode and see if you can restore it in itunes.
md mahadi
i have a problem my phone is not started only for show apple
@judemartin - if this guide isn't enough, we do offer a repair service by clicking the Send-in Mac Service link above.
judemartin
hi.my iPhone was totally in dead condition now,because long time back i gave for service to re fit the parts by mishandled..my dad was broken into 2 pieces.. still 'm having with me without any solution for it so pls help me to get back my iPhone in normal condition.
Ajacksoon
thanks very much i'll take it to the local phone shop and get a price
@Ajacksoon - it could be a loose connection inside to the LCD, but most likely the LCD would need to be replaced.
@markp - you are probably correct, but it'd be hard to say for sure without taking a look inside.
Ajacksoon
hi my wife's 3gs screen went very dim i can see the screen by holding it to the window/light and the phone is working perfect can still ring out and use internet but just cant see the screen very well do you have any idea what the fix might be
markp
excellent post! thanks. My 3gs is showing a white screen, with touchscreen unresponsive. No amount of restarts, putting it into recovery mode, reinstalling fresh software from iTunes seems to work. But the phone can receive calls, vibration works, and I can see it in iTunes. This is really odd, and I can think what to try next, or what to replace. Could it be the logic board, or connectors? It would seem odd that both the touchscreen and LCD connectors were both damaged. Please help! Much appreciated.
@nguyenvanhau - we'd really need more info to diagnosis it such as if the screen shows anything and just won't boot or if it is completely dead. Worst case is you need a new logic board, but I'd probably have a professional look at it.
nguyenvanhau
my i phond reset.at this time can't swith on
@JCochran - It is probably the logic board at this point.
JCochran
My iPhone3gs decided it didn't want to charge anymore. I replaced the battery, however, it still won't charge. I have tried 2 USB/wall connecters, and a car charger with no luck. Any ideas? Thanks for your help:)
R Johnson
iphone 3gs whent through a wash cycle, not to bothered about the handset its the photos that i would like to retrieve if possible. The handset doesn't turn on. Any ideas on where the memory(photos) are stored.
@Troy - I'd probably recommend a new phone. It would require at a minimum a replacement logic board.
@Pedro - That error is typically to do with restoring jailbroken devices. I would just google the error and find a helpful article.
@Kristen - it is probably at a minimum a damaged logic board. You'd really have to open it up to see the extent of the damage.
TOPLUX LTD
i have change the back cover but the problem still there.i have it on 4.35 firmware 6.15 but the problem still happen,iwant to know if the problem is a hardware or a software problem,so please help me to fix that problem
Troy
Phone got Salt water from ocean in phone. Tried to dry using the rice method and the phone will not show anything on screen. what will I need to replace to get working or is it cheaper to get new phone. IPhone 3Gs 16GB
Pedro T
Hi! I have a iPhone 3GS, which I connected to my laptop and Sync with it using ITunes and lost all apps. How should I get the defaults apps while It can't restore the Factory Default Apps and gives me a 3194 error. Would you please help?
Kristen S
My husband got angry and threw the iphone against our hardwood floors. It had an otter box covering on it. I can't get the phone to power up, recognize a charger, or anyhting else. I figure it is probably trash now, but I thought I would ask for some help and direction before I buy a new phone. Thanks.
@ramseybugs - it is most likely toast, but at a minimum you'll need a new battery, but most likely the logic board would need to be replaced as well.
ramseybugs
hi i dropped my phone is ice tea and let it dry for a week. it worked fine then i dropped it and it shut off and now it does not respond to the computer. i plug it into the wall and it shows the connect to itunes symbol but it loses power when i unplug it. also when i hit the info button on the screen is says unknown ime and something else. is there a simple fix for this?
treefrogggin
Thank you so much for these videos! I was able to fix my phone myself.
Antonio da Silva
i have ipod A1318 and i can not operate it on the screen always appear itunes and when i try to open or to close always saying please switch of or on but i can't do this because the screen is not function any more, please help me to solve this problem.
@khamaruddin - you probably just need a new LCD.
khamaruddin
i am not able to see any screen, but battury is able to charge and also when i conect the to the system i am able to detect phone contect please help me how to resolve this and also its showing black screen.
MIGUEL H
I have an iPhone 3GS , and my son put some juice , its working but The screen its almost black , you have to put you face almost in The screen so you can ser what aré you doing, any help pls?????
@Angela - you tried the right things. At this point either the replacement battery was defective or not installed correctly or its an issue with your logic board.
Angela
I was charging my iphone 3gs and fell asleep.. woke up the next day and it was still on, but then it all of a sudden shut off.. i tried to power on but it kept showing apple logo and then turning off, and repeating.. once i connected to itunes, it will come on and go into recovery mode, i try to restore but itunes wont let it or vice versa.. i replaced the battery but its still doing the same.. as soon as i disconnect the usb it shuts off instantly..
@Chaz - you'll need to replace the logic board if its damaged or get a new phone.
ChazWorm
I have a 32gb 3GS that has ceased working as a cell phone unless I'm right beside a cell tower. I've noticed that one of the attachments that connect to the lower frame/antenna has broken off from the logic board. What is the best way to repair?
@bhupi - sounds like you have several issues including the speaker, volume lock assembly, and LCD. I'd highly recommend sending it to us or having it professionally diagnosed somewhere else to see if repair is feasible.
bhupi
my iphone 3gs is really busted the internal speakers dont work and the power button doesnt the screen is also scrached but the main problem is that the screen does not get bright even when i brighten the screen full on the tool bar should i change my screen and will it fix these problems if i do
@vasebasian - you may need a new dock connector or a new logic board. We sell them in the list to the right, but you may want to open it up and look for damage first.
@mike - turn phone off and turn it back on while holding down the home button.
vasebasian
my iphone 3gs 32gb connected for charging the charger explod, i replaced with another charger now phone overheat and no sign of any disply what could be worng is my phone have any fuse of protection for this if damaged thje logic board where can i get new or used one
mike
How do i put my phone in recovery mode
@pearl - typically you'll need to put it in recovery mode and restore it it itunes.
pearl
My daughter put a password on my phone and now it has been disabled. She played with it till who knows and the phone says I have to wait 6million minutes plus to try again. What can I do, it's not in service I use it as an ipod or shall I say used.
@Lisa - you'll need the induction flex cable.
Lisa Z
both the connector and the ribbon were damaged.
Lisa Z
I fell on my phone and it came apart. the ribbon connector was damaged (connector #3). What do I need to buy to fix it?
@nate - you'll have to restore it in itunes to reset the password
nate
ok, now how do i recover my iphone password, or nevermind that i might aswell format the phone itself, please help
Tommy luera
this was exactly what i needed to disassemble my 3gs for cleaning very helpfull
@vinod - you can click on the Send In Mac Repair link at the top to schedule sending your iPhone in for a free diagnosis.
Vinod@vinnu
apple users are genuine users, ia m also one of them. Never ever used third asscessories . How to mechanise power adapter, pls diagnose my problem
@vinod - bad power adapters are rarely an issue with the phone itself. it is usually an issue with the power source or the cable. 3rd party cables are usually not as durable as Apple originals.
vinod @ vinnu
i am a mad user of apple gadgets, hence irritating problems with my iPhone 3GS bad power adapters. I hv changed twice, anyone could assist me in negotiating in this.I am sick of this.
Joe
i got this home button problem. i changed the whole digitizer w/ button. doesnt work. i changed the whole lower dock connector assembly(speaker and dock connector)still nothing? would that mean logic board problem?:(
@Shyam - your best bet is to import it into an address book program on your computer that is exportable to the iphone, i.e. Address Book on Mac. Then you can sync that address book to your iphone.
Shyam Kadel
I have A1303 3gs mobile. Actually i want to copy more than 2 thousand mobile number in Iphone from previous mobile called Nokia n72. All contacts are in memory card and in laptop but i couldn't copy the contacts into Iphone. Would you kindly suggest me the idea ?
Tanya
my husband was outside and got stuck in a huge rain storm. his iphone was in his pocket. He blew it out. It is working (getting texts n calls) but screen is dark and he has to use speaker phone to hear callers. Any suggestions? It just happened.
@Vuthea - even with a bad battery, something should come up on the screen when plugged up even if its just the dead battery screen. If it never turns on at all, it is probably a more severe problem. I would try to sync it up to iTunes, and if it won't do that, you'll probably want to get it looked at.
Vuthea Ros
This morning my i phone was our off power. After i arrived in office I charged it for about an hour and it still won't turn on by itself, is there any problems with soft ware or battery is bad? Please kindly advise. Richard 1 week ago
Jake
my iphone got wet over a year ago and the display is very dim and will not get brighter, is there any way i can try to fix it or is it too late?
Ryan
My 3gs got alil rain water in it and it had shut off. its been 2 days, i tried the rice for 24 hrs and still had moisture inside. then i used a blow dryer to dry it up and that seemed to work to dry it out. i had plugged it into my computer at the end of day 2 and it took about 10 minutes and then my phone beeped once. after the beep the computer had found the iphone but said it couldnt read any data and i would have to restore factory settings... i dont want to lose any pics or info that i have added since my last backup! the display was very faint and barely noticeable. i had noticed some "short" marks on the #1 cable when i had taken the front case panel off. what does that plug go to? can i fix it? can you fix it if i send it to you?
@Richard - if you charge it for at least an hour and it still won't turn on by itself, you may just need a new battery. These batteries like to expand like balloons too when they go bad, so the sooner you get the old battery out the better.
Richard
My 3g was under water about 1 minute. Someone told me to pack it in rice to draw moisture-so I did that for 24 hrs. Phone now boots up to Itunes and emergency calls on the charger, but won't boot on battery. Have not tried charging for extended period. Any suggestions?
ssshx
Thanks for the quick response. I have got my phone up and running. That is pretty unbelievable, considering it was under 8 feet of water for about 2 minutes. But my screen will not light up. I can see my home screen with a flashlight and actually use it, but it is completely dark. Everything seems to work but that. Ant recommendations? An LCD maybe or ?
@ssshx - we can try to repair it to the point of getting data off, but if the logic board is damaged to the point of not booting, it most likely won't be recoverable.
ssshx
If I send you my phone for repair (submerged for several minutes) and it needs a logic board or something else, can any data be extracted from it first? Pics? Notepad entries? Contact lists? Will any of this data be there when it is returned? It has been a while since I synced.
Jason
I dropped my 3gs at work, thought nothing of it and went back to work. when I went to use my phone it was locked out in a mode witch had the itunes symbol and a cord to it. I hooked the phone to charge it at work and it charges. hook the phone to my computer and it will not charge or recognize the phone. Right now the phone will not turn on or reset, just a black screen of nuthing. 8o(
@Chris - that's probably what I would do at this point.
@jhessel - I believe all you can do is restore your phone to factory defaults. You'll have to reload all data back to your phone.
@Sumeet - it's most likely the LCD itself. You may want to open it up or take it somewhere to check out the cable inside, but I highly doubt its an issue with that.
Chris
I left my 3gs on the car charger and the car (and phone) got hot, temperature warning on phone and I believe the phone tried to shut down because of this, but since it was plugged in it couldn't. Now the battery drains like a sieve. Will replacing the battery solve this problem? I tried restoring to factory settings, that didn't seem to work.
jhessel
what will I do if my pass code is not working and i could not open my iphone..help!!!
Sumeet
My iPhone accidently fell on the floor and the touch screen shows scrambled images. The OS still works and I am able to pick up calls by sliding my hand on the screen. Could you please help me figure out what exactly is wrong with phone - LCD screen , the connection to the screen etc?
@scott - at a minimum it is the LCD screen, but it may be the logic board as well. You'll have to open it up and see where the damage is or take it somewhere or send it to us for diagnosis.
scott
got my iphone wet threw it in a bad of rice got it dry but when i power it up all i get is a black screen with lines on it
Yang
Unfortunately, I dont live in US. Any repairing advise will you suggest me?? I am still leaving the phone in the bag of rice!! Hope there will be miracle!! Should I try to charge it again?? Thanks!!
@Yang - it is probably dead. You can send it to us and we can diagnose it, but you most likely need at least a new logic board.
Yang
I had my son dropped my iphone3gs in the water last night, picked it up straight away and dried with a dry towel. Tried to swing the water out from the phone and tried to turn it on twice. Then used the hair dryer to dry it through the charging side and the hole to put the sim card in. Then I went on the internet and search what should I do and saw all the above comments. Then I followed and put the phone in the bag of uncooked rice for overnight and followed the video and took the phone apart completely. Blow dry it inside out, then put back together. Now I have tried to put the phone on charge to my imac or charger on the adaptor but it doesnt have the "blink sound" as before whenever I put it on charge. It just show a blank white sceen for 2 seconds. Should I still put it on charge or is my phone totally dead!!! Please help!!!
@Kabir - if you are wanting to see your iphone, click on Sell It at the top of the page to generate an offer.
Kabir bangladesh
hello how many price of iphone Model a1303 please
ItWorked!!!!
Man, so, I dropped or rather someone pulled me into the pool, with my phone in pocket, so, here is what I did, put in sun for 1 day, put in bag with rice for 1 day in sun, just took it apart and blow dryed it, and voila plugged it in , and its like new, just had no charge and it's back up now. I maybe should have taken it apart from the get go, but who wants to take apart a wet phone, that probably would be a bad idea, let it dry some and then take apart. As long as you don't try and turn it on, while, it's wet , you will be ok, great instructions.
Lise
Thanks for the great step by step videos. iPhone sat on my lawn for 2 days in continuous torrential downpours - it even hailed! After taking apart, drying out and then sitting in rice it powered up and worked! Thanks again.
@David - at the moment these are just teardown videos but we hope to start adding videos to guide you through putting it back together eventually.
David
Instructions are excelent on taking apart, but a bit harder to reverse instructions for putting back together, especially some of the connectors like the #3 ribbon cable. You should add a video for this.
David
Dropped phone in water, briefly and immediately blew it off with compressed air. Phone started doing screwy stuff and eventually ran out of power and would not take a charge. I disassembled the phone completely using the tutorial above and cleaned everything possible. Reassembled the phone, plugged it into charger. It started taking a charge and overnight it was fully charged and started working perfect, maybe better than before. Thanks for the instruction.
@Emma - you can open it up and take a look at the damage or you can send it to us for a free diagnosis. Most likely however, you'll need at a minimum a new logic board.
Emma
I dropped only the bottom part of my phone in the water very, very briefly, dried it off and it seemed fine. Half an hour later it wouldn't charge, and whenever I typed something on the phone it acted like I was turning up and down the volume and the "ringer" icon would pop up for a number of seconds. Now it is dead and won't charge, and my iTunes won't recognize or sync it. What do I do besides getting a new phone?
stuckLCD
Im reassembling my iphone 3gs after putting in a new lcd screen. I just cannot get the two cables that snap on to the logic board to actually "snap on". What should I do???
Santuah Jairus
Hi am really happy n i feel more relaxed after going through the repair and assembly information
Damian
fantastic information. dead i phone from water damage and now back in the game! star!
Carlos
You are best off using a suction cup to pull off screen as you will definately make a small dent in your phone doing it this way.
pipster55
Very well done, much help on the road to a happy healthy iphone.
Bill
Dropped the phone in water, briefly! Immediately blew it off with compressed air and put it in rice.. All works but the sound, you can hear it ring but not the caller or music. You can hear using headphones. When moving the volume, it says, "headphones" ... Any suggestions.
Emmanuel
Thanks for the videos ! I repaired my unplugged camera with their help :)
@jjh - no
jjh306@hotmail.com
Is my at&t iphone 3gs usable on the verizon network now?
ken hayes
nice. it all worked good. but now my touch screen is off by half a digit while using phone dialing
alan from oz
thanks guys you saved my bacon my other half was paying out on me as to how stupid i was to get my phone wet in the first and how mush it was going to cost,,but after watching your vids i bought a new lcd screen and put it in for under $35 ,,,so thanks again
Ryan
When I put my iPhone asleep and wake it back up the whole screen is white...then I have to restart it in order for it to work...please tell me hoe too fix it!
annabell
light mild water i dont know if to much damage was done it turns on seem fine but the ringer keeps poping up when not pressed and power bottons not working properly
@Mariam - the bluetooth module is built into the logic board but there is a small flex cable for the antenna that may have come unplugged. It should be near the top of the board inside.
MARIAM maroc
i have the option of bleuthoot in my iphon A1303 but it doesn t work i want to know why? please
@Kemo - there are water sensors inside the iphone that changes colors when contacted by water. this is how you can see the extent of the damage.
Kemo
How do u know or diagnose how much water damage the phone has sustained?
@Meaghan - you may just need a new LCD. I'd probably send it to us or another professional repair shop so everything can be diagnosed inside.
Meaghan
I have a 3gs iphone and it decided to come swimming with me one night. It can sync, charge, take calls/emails etc. but the screen is dark and wont light up...what should I do?
Bill
Thanks for the video - very helpful!!
jake_m
I'm reassembling my iphone 3gs after putting in a new lcd screen, but I'm having trouble getting the two cables that snap on to the logic board to actually "snap on". And advice on how to get these to attach properly?
@Zach - only thing you can really do is go in and see if there are any loose connections or anything torn or pinched. We do offer a repair service if you want to send it off to us to diagnose.
Zach
I took my 3gs apart but now I don't get service hardly at all... I don't know If I messed up the antennae or something.... Pleas help!!
@ali - do a google search for iphone DFU mode, that'll usually fix it.
ali
when I updated my iphone 3gs from 3.1.2 to 3.1.3 my iphone 3gs stayed in balck screen and cann't restore it,how can i restore it?
Engr. Arun K Chakraborty
My iPhone does not show caller name whose names are in the contact list, only shows caller phone no. Please give solution.---Arun
Kasandra
Powerbook Medic - First off I have to give you the credit but a great THANKS!!! for posting these video's. I dropped my phone in water and quickly retreived it. Was told to put it in rice but didn't do it until the next day. It still helped but then the slide control wouldn't work. I used your tutorial to take the phone completely apart and then put it back together and then it worked perfectly. Saved a $500+ piece of equipment that I'm so dearly connected to. THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!
Saints83
hi i have an IPhone 3GS and i have recently tried to change LCD screen on my iphone.how ever, i couldnt get the other screen to come on so i put the original back in.never had any water damage but i have used it at work and its in a shop but it is hot so i do sweat.so my black light wont light up. wat can i do?
jake
I also have a water damaged 3GS that had a dim screen. I replaced the lcd and it worked fine except the proximity sensors. I thought that maybe it was just a bad connection, so I took the phone apart and reconnected all of the ribbons. After that the screen was dim again. I have tried reconnecting the ribbons multiple times with no luck. Any suggestions? Im hoping that since it was working for a while that it is not the logic board but I dont know. Maybe a short somewhere but where?
@WK - do a google search for iphone DMF mode and try that. If that doesn't get you to a point where you can sync, you'll probably need to take it somewhere to get repaired.
WK
My Iphone 3gs locked itself. It will not reboot nor give me the chance to re-sync. Its blocked totally. What Can I do?
@Eric - It sounds like the backlight is out. This is typically the LCD, but with water damage it could be a problem with the logic board which may not be repairable.
Eric
I have an iPhone 3G that was damaged in water. After drying it out, it finally came back on but the screen is dark and wont light up. Is there anything I can do?
@Jared - Yes the headphone is replaceable. We should have them in stock in a week or two.
Jared
This is very helpful. I am having trouble with the headphone jack. From daily use and it being in my pocket it has gotten very loose, causing the ipod to go to voice control and at time skip songs or 'fast forward' chipmonk style through songs. Is the headphone jack a replaceable part?
Clive
Watching the video certainly saved me from unnecessary damage to the casing & warned me about the possibility of breaking the wiring.
@jason - if you are not able to sync up to your computer, you most likely have a damaged logic board and it is going to be very expensive to repair. if you can find a working board, it'll probably be as expensive as a new phone contract.
jason
i have a 3gs the srceen is dark from water damage but its not taking the software what do i need to do
@Ratna - it really depends how much water damage there is. If it has damaged the logic board, it is going to be very expensive to repair. You may want to take it somewhere or send it off to us for diagnosis.
Ratna
This is really very good idea. I watch this video several times and great Job. Well does any body know how to recover an iphone with Liquid contacted and does not turn on? thnaks for tips.
@RS - You'll probably want to send it in to us or to another repair shop at this point.
@mssmitty - it is most likely a damaged dock connector or logic board.
RS in TX
Hi, I am having a hard time to make my iphone work. I replaced the glass of the iphone. I had a hard time putting back part 3. I also noticed that I broke a tiny little part of part 4 and that it why (probably) is not working. The touch pad is not working and I can not charge it either. What do you suggest me to do (except buying a new iphone)?
mssmitty
my iphone got wet but still workedafter just will not charge what happened and can it be fixed
Tom
Awesome!! Just replaced my cracked LCD with the iPhone 3GS LCD Assembly Panel. Follow first and second video above AND THEN very carefully seperate the LCD from the backing panel. Make note of the orientation (there is a small alignment post on the LCD to insure you re-assemble correctly.) When you put the LCD on the backing panel, very carefully remove the bluish protection film (don't touch the LCD!!) Align the small post on the LCD assembly with the hole in the backing panel, press together. Reassemble!! Careful with the tiny screws!
Aaron
It would be nice if you explained that the glass has a casing that is is stuck to. I purchased the glass replacement for the 3GS and followed the replacement procedure but was dismayed that there is another process you need to go through to get the glass off the case and this is nearly impossible without damaging the glass housing. I'm baffled why the glass and housing do not come shipped as a single piece...
tommy from breda
Hi, My phone did get really wet from sweat. Now it act strange. Bad wifi reception and sounds are gone ( message, voip, calendar ). Except phone calling and speaking that still works. Are there two speakers?
There are several external speaker options, but as far as we know, there is no way to make the internal speaker louder.
Mike in Philly
Is there a way to make the external speakers om the 3gs louder?

Comment: