This is an official Powerbookmedic.com Take Apart Guide for the 27" iMac.

@Luis - we sell the video cards in the parts list to the right and we also offer a component level repair where we can reflow the chips on the card itself. if you would like to learn more about the repair options, you can submit a quote request using the send-in repair option at the top of our site.

Luis

I have a A1312 with problems with the graphic card (Show some dots in pink and change to black and so on) but works fine. It is possible to fix this issue? Can I change the graphic card? Regards...

Mustafa

i have received one A1312 for repairs. there is one beep audio. can u pls suggest technically what to do . also can i get bios bin or fd data. Thanka Mustafa

@CB - it depends which exact model you have. Some were offered with discrete video cards that are replaceable.

CB

Is the video card in replaceable A1312?

@Cesar - we unfortunately do not troubleshoot software issues. You may want to contact your local Apple Store.

Cesar Castelo

I have a problem with my hard drive, when i upgraded to the new OX Yosemite beta release and start working fine but in one of the upgrades it did not finish to download the software and now it only works like it is trying to upgrade but stops and return to start to download but it stops at the middle of the upgrade and stops and keep on doing it again and again, i need to know how you can help me and please replay to my email castelobrw@gmail.com thank you for your suppont and i will be waiting for your answer

@Tim - if you have an upgraded video card it is a separate part. if you go to our Parts By Serial section, you can put in your iMac serial number to get a part list. You'll need to remove everything sitting in front of the logic board to remove it.

Tim

I need to replace my logic board.....is the graphics card attached? Must I remove any other components just to remove the logic board? Thanks!!!!

Jim

we just received a Mac A1312 from our son and didn't get instructions. Can you tell me how to turn on the wireless keyboard

@Steve - we are just doing a general take-apart in our videos. If you think you can remove a part you need ahead of the video, it is advised.

Steve

Is it necessary to remove hard drive to replace superdrive?

sahil

you are good!!

@Bmantheman - I'm not aware of one going out more than another. You can install some fan control and monitoring software and see if you can tell which one it is if you can't figure it out from the location of the sound.

Bmantheman

Hey there! im pretty sure one of my fans is about to give out, very loud rotating noises, (taught it was my HDD but changed it and it's same sound happens) How can I tell wich fan is causing this. im planning on purchasing my replacement parts from you guys. Is there a "known" problematic fan on the late 2009 i7 imac 27inch? Let me know! thank you!

@Peter - you'll most likely need a new board.

Peter

Hi i have a destroyd lcd port on my logic board. Can one change 24 pin port or do i need to shift the whole board?

Melvin Mampi MUSWEU

My e-mail address is msweu@yahoo.co.uk. I have a 27" Imac, the A1312. I accidentally cracked the top glass and I want to replace it. Please give the price and replacing details so that I buy and replace it.

@Robert - The magnetic strips are part of the Aluminum front case. There is no need to remove the magnetic strips. Im pretty sure they are held on by adhesive, so if they are removed, you would probably need to apply double sided adhesive to put them back.

Robert

Great Video, but how do you remove the magnetic strips and reinstall it?

Greens

I want to change de HD from my iMac 27" 2009 with the Seagate momentus XT Hybride SSD. But the problem there don't have a connector for the thermal sensor cable! you sell a thermal sensor for this modifiaction? It's possible to use a other Optical Drive Temp Sensor for the HD? do you sell this product? thanks

Kek

You guys are awesome!! I bought some of my laptop parts here and was able to install them thanks to your videos :)

L Shapiro

Great guide. Thank you so much!
Hide All