Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: No green light on power connector
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:59 am 

Hello,

I have a fun little project that I'm stumped on at the moment that I hope someone can point me in the correct direction on. I've got two broken MacBook Pros:

1. A1260 works but the LCD screen is broken and the opening for the DVD drive is bent a little
2. A1226 powers up but the logic board is toast and it behaves iradically. Also, someone tried to work on it and broke the HD mounting bracket.

So my brilliant scheme is to take the guts of the A1260 and put it into the case of the A1226. I followed the great directions at IFixit.com, http://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Repair/Installing-MacBook-Pro-15-Inch-Core-2-Duo-Models-A1226-and-A1260-Lower-Case/685/1.

From that I was able to disassemble both computers and transfer the components and put everything back together. Everything looks good. All of the wires are plugged back in and everything is screwed back down, except for one place on the logic board where the screw holes don't match up between the A1226 and the A1260. But I would think that would be a huge deal.

When I attach the power supply, which worked before I did this, the green light on the plug doesn't come on and of course I can't turn on the machine.

Does anyone have any recommendations for where to focus my search for issues? Or should I just disassemble and reassemble again and make sure everything is plugged in properly.

Thanxx,

Adam

Post subject: Re: No green light on power connector
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:11 am 

I just realized that when I transfered the guts of teh A1260 to the A1226 case that I didn't transfer the magsafe board. I'll be doing that tonight. But should I expect that to fix the problem? Are the magsafe boards not compatible between the A1260 and the A1226? I was just wondering what the chances are of that being the problem, or is it likely something else?

Thanxx,

Adam

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]