Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: New 15" Powerbook screen comes unlatched by itself!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2003 5:38 pm 
Hello All!

My 15' Powerbook is all of a week old, and already I have a problem - the screen comes unlatched all by itself! The machine can be sitting on the desk, all alone, and the screen will suddenly pop up. This is inconvenient, especially when the machine is asleep, as then it wakes up and starts draining the battery.

I have read the screen hinge postings, and wonder if perhaps my hinges are too tight - thereby making the latch come undone... Might this be the case? And, if so, which screws at the back of the machine would I slightly loosen in order to loosen up the hinges, and relieve the pressure on the latch?

I would appreciate any/all thoughts you might have!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2003 11:48 am 
Site Admin

My first question would be if you have any magnets anywhere close to your computer. If so, they might be triggering the latch. The tight hinges are a possible cause, but more likely is that you've got a defunct latch. If you just bought the unit, I'd reccomend sending it in to where you bought it while it is still under warranty.

-Bradley
POWERBOOKMEDIC.COM

Post subject: Here's a link to Apple Support on fixing the latch
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2003 1:51 pm 
Re: the powerbook 800 FW latch....

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=86619

It says that it's for internal use only, but appears on the website...I haven't tried it yet myself, though I have the same problem

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]