Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Attempting to repair old Macbook Pro
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:59 pm 

Well a long time ago in an apartment far far away one of my buddies still water on my laptop. I took it to a Mac repair shop who said I needed a new logic board and DC in board. Back then in 2010 (mine is a mid 2009er) it was WAY to expensive for me to bother. Now I found it sitting around and decided to get into it since parts are much cheaper now. I see what I believe is corrosion on the DC in board and on the logic board and wanted to get some opinions from ya'll. There are no blown capacitors anywhere on the boards (that I can tell...). I'm hoping to fix this for as cheap as possible and am not affraid to solder/get my hand dirty. Any help and advice will be greatly appreciated. Here is some pictures of the areas that aren't lookin' too good. (Sorry I'm not particularly versed in taking macro pictures with my nice camera yet)

Post subject: Re: Attempting to repair old Macbook Pro
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:05 am 
Site Admin

We have a liquid damaged repair service which we can attempt to fix the corrosion damage and see if it is salvageable. If it is unsuccessful, the only alternative is replacing the parts which still may be a little pricey.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]