Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Ipod Repair Gone Wrong
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:04 am 

So I decided to fix my own Ipod touch 4th Gen screen and everything was going great. I tested the screen repair before putting the inside plate back on and I got a white screen (but I looked up why and found out how to fix it) I reset it, then I was able to see my regular screen again. So I powered off the screen and screwed on the metal plate. I tried to make the screen lay down but I have a small curved corner in the metal part of my Ipod so the new screen didn't fit properly. I tried this rubber latex glue, applied some heat to the corners of the screen and held the corners. No luck came because the glue wouldn't hold it down so I just removed it all with Qtips. I turned the screen back on and it was white again so I tried holding the home and power button again to reset it but it only comes back white. And now there is a small spot that is gray near the left bottom corner. So I figured I messed it up putting heat and glue on it. I even took all the screws back out and made sure the screen didn't come unplugged under the mother board. Im guessing I fried the LCD. So does this mean I will need a new screen replacement or some other type of replacement? Can the LCD be fixed or should I get another screen and not mess it up this time?

Post subject: Re: Ipod Repair Gone Wrong
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:27 am 
Site Admin

I'd probably just replace the LCD.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]