Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: 15" Macbook Pro display issue
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:29 pm 

I am looking at my friends A1226 Macbook Pro. Last week the display seemed to cut out while she was working on it. I was able to hook up an external monitor and it displayed properly. Then after a while it cut out again. I shut it down and then later powered it back up and it worked fine.

After a few days the display cut out again and now cannot seem to get it back on. I took it apart to reseat all the cables and make sure they were secure. The backlight appears to be working. The brightness controls on the keyboard are working and adjusting the backlight properly. The LCD is on, just a black screen. I believe it might be the LCD itself but I wanted to get some other opinions before I recommended for my friend to buy a replacement screen.

I just want to make sure it does not sound like a cable or a display driver issue.

Thanks

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]