Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: 80 GB Black iPod Video Washed.
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:05 am 

About two years ago while on vacation my wife threw in a load of laundry without checking the pockets, and of course my ipod video was in there.

When I plug in the usb cable, it first says "Please wait, very low battery" and there's a little spinning "progress" wheel towards the bottom of the screen.

It then proceeds to show the Apple logo, and I can hear the hard drive make a sound as if it's trying to start up. The screen goes blank, and then the Apple logo comes back again. Almost as if it's constantly trying to start, but is caught in some kind of loop.

So the screen appears to be fine, and it's obviously getting power. Does this mean that it's either a HD or logic board problem, or both? Is there anything else it could be? And in what order should I go about trouble shooting this issue?

Post subject: Re: 80 GB Black iPod Video Washed.
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:12 am 

Interesting. This is the first time I've seen it do this. But I left it plugged in to the usb cable, and it just made a beep sound. The screen lit up and it says:

SRV Diag Boot
SRV Sep 09 2006

Menu: Manual Test
Previous: Auto Test

I'm not sure if I should be able to doing anything from this point, like select something, as nothing is happening when I try to use the wheel interface.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]