Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: powerbook aluminium g4 - white striped display
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:36 pm 

hello everybody,

since a week the story of well-being of my computer is getting worse and worse.

the main symptome is my display getting all over white, very thin stripes.....which developes to a more ore less all over white screen. simultaneously the whole system is getting stuck....and the only thing i can do is unplugging my laptop (unplugging is working as i also dont have a battery at the moment).
mostly this occurs when using the dvd-drive ore any other kind of "foreign" hardware (like my external harddrive).
on bad days also when i try to start my laptop. it usually starts but somtimes does not even arrive to the password surface.

what is probably also good to mention: as my battery is broken since a while i use "shift-alt-apple-switch on button" every time before really switching him on in order to get the whole thing started. i dont know if this could be of any importance......

i hope someone out there knows an answer
or has a little hint for me which part of my computer is the evil.
aja: my fixed hard disk is brand new!!

thanks in advance

Post subject: Re: powerbook aluminium g4 - white striped display
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:20 pm 
Site Admin

it sounds like you probably have an overheating problem. You may want to clean out your fans and make sure the fans are kicking on properly. After that, it could be a logic board issue. You may want to get it professionally diagnosed at this point.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]