Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Battery replacement for A1175 model
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:13 pm 

Hi,

I'm looking for replacement for my A1175 model (on MacBook Pro 15'', April 2008), as my one says "Condition: Check Battery" (though it still stands from 2 to 3 hours, strange, iStat Pro says Health: 73%, Cycles: 65) . You offer replacement, which is not genuine (as far as I understand). My question is, have you tested it a little bit, whether it is a "working" replacement?

And my another question is (I was looking through diffferent forums for answers) - is it normal, that MacBook Pro CANNOT OPERATE without battery??? My one doesn't start when I press power button without battery attached (only on AC using MagSafe), and if I remove battery while MacBook is running, it goes to hibernate immediately. (I have maybe to notify, that I changed behaviour using pmstat,to - if I close the lid, computer doesn't go to standby, but to hibernate).

Thanx for any answer ...

Brano

Post subject: Re: Battery replacement for A1175 model
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:00 pm 
Site Admin

Our batteries come with a 1 year warranty, so if they happen to be defective or have extreme issues with recharging within that year, you can exchange it.

As far as the other question, the machine should work fine without a battery as long as you are using an 85W power adapter. The less wattage adapters do sometimes require the battery.

Post subject: Re: Battery replacement for A1175 model
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:52 pm 

You were absolutely right! :) Previously I did tests at home, where I used MagSafe from my "home" computer - MacBook White. I didn't notice they are of different power! MacBook's White 13'' one - 60 W, MacBook's Pro 15''' one - 85 W. When doing new test with MagSafe taken out of my bag - 85 W one - MacBook Pro didn't hibernate after pulling the battery off.

Thanx a lot for hint ... I didn't notice the power difference - due to Apple's unificated design. :)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]