Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Problem after LCD Replacement
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:34 am 

Replaced LCD screen with new one purchased here with little problem; did not have to remove top cover. Booted up for a test before I put clutch cover and bezel on and it worked fine. After I reinstalled clutch cover and bezel (had to press pretty hard on both), I have a dark screen. I think I can see something on the screen when I boot up, but just barely. What do you think??? :(

Post subject: Re: Problem after LCD Replacement
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:54 pm 
Site Admin

most likely the inverter cable popped a little loose or it is getting pinched. I'd try reseating it.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:33 pm 

bobflood wrote:
Replaced LCD screen with new one purchased here with little problem; did not have to remove top cover. Booted up for a test before I put clutch cover and bezel on and it worked fine. After I reinstalled clutch cover and bezel (had to press pretty hard on both), I have a dark screen. I think I can see something on the screen when I boot up, but just barely. What do you think??? :(

I am kind of in the same lake but in a different boat. I bought an lcd replacement after a water spill. I turned off the unit and shelved it for a week, opened and inspected the parts for water damage and could find any in the secondary part. All their was is glare and ugly stikes in my old lcd. The pro was functional but I hated the glare and moisture lines within the screen. Following the instructions here on removing the screen using a heat gun, I broke it...yeah I bought a new one here too. I took the screen off replaced the old lcd with the new, and started her.

To my surprise, the backlight in the lcd was now not working. I could see the screen with a light (Flashlight) close to the screen and could login. Then I did the apple PRAM thing after trying to use the F7 and the F8 buttons to turn the back light on. I could notice the 0 with a strike through understanding that its not working.

Then I restarted to see if the PRAM worked. Now the system is totally dead and can't start. It can't be a battery. This thing is only 4 moths in use and I rarely use it as I work on the iMac. So I pressed the battery button on the side. 1 green light flashes like 10 times and then off. I plugged in the charger. the green light flashes for a bit and stops. The orange light on the charge to indicate charge is not on. I am frustrated. Why? I have spent $325 for things to get worse!. Yes I was able to use it after the spill but now its DEAD. (NB: I am pretty handy and work with tools someone help? I would really appreciate it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:23 pm 
Site Admin

If it is not powering on with a charged battery and a power adapter, it's almost always going to be the logic board. You may have to take the board out to see any liquid damage on the underside. You may want to have it professionally diagnosed just so you don't have to try one part at a time trying to narrow down the issue.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]