Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Disassembled MBP-15 CrackdLCD CanIrun w/NuthinInBezel
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:45 pm 

I've got a macbook pro-15 2.4ghz 'Santa Rosa' that had a cracked LCD. I took the lcd out to replace it, but didn't count on a replacement being so expensive...and me being very short on cash...So I don't figure on replacing the screen for a long while...I have an Cinema display that plugs right in the connector on the side. No prob.
But can I put it back together without the screen/bezel assembly and have it boot safely and use it with my external Display+a usb keyboard or whatever?
How much of the antennae/iSite/Graphics....whatever else is in the bezel? ...Do I need to get back together? I don't know if I'd leave any open loops, not hooking something up...?

This was a used computer so I took out the heat sink and cleaned up quite a bit of dust/dirt/lint from it and the bottom tray. The vanes on the heatsink were fairly clogged-up with dust/dirt. I also cleaned off the old crusty thermal paste and re-applied it to the heatsink-processor setup...the bottom tray is pretty much ready to go...I'm sure there's a few things I need to know to get it running without an LCD! Thanks for any info from anyone out there! I am gonna miss having a 20" display running off my 17" MBP....I've been spoiled with lots of screen real-estate lately.....ah well. :)

Thanks
Mike

Post subject: Re: Disassembled MBP-15 CrackdLCD CanIrun w/NuthinInBezel
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:17 am 
Site Admin

The WiFi antenna and the iSight camera is mostly what will be affected in your setup. You should still be able to set it up in a way that'll work.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]