Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: MBP Model #A1226 Replacement Keybord - 'a' key broken
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:19 pm 

Hey guys, first off - wanted to say thanks for getting me my new keyboard to me so quickly. I've completed the process of replacing my old keyboard with the new one by following your excellent guides.

Only problem now is that my 'a' key doesn't seem to want to work, nor does command+z. I've got it an 'a' in my clipboard so that I can use the letter while I'm typing. Every other key works except for those two. Command works. Z works. Command + other keys work, but not Command + z. Once in a while when I press the a key, i can feel it rock ever so slightly like it's off a bit or isn't seated, if that helps. thoughts?

thanks for your quick replies and i look forward to hearing from you.

Post subject: Re: MBP Model #A1226 Replacement Keybord - 'a' key broken
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:01 am 
Site Admin

typically keys will go out in columns. you may want to see if Q works as well. They will do this if the cable is not seated properly or the cable is getting pinched or torn. You may want to go back in and just reseat the cable and see if it works. If that doesn't fix it, check it for any damage. At that point, you can contact the warranty and returns department if you think it is a defective keyboard.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]