Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Backlight troubles.
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:03 am 

Hey, I have a backlight that started acting up when the screen was at certain angles it would shut off. It seems like a connection issue, maybe the inverter cable. The screen is fine and if pressure is put on the middle of the hinge then the backlight starts to work again. I ordered a new LCD screen thinking it might be the inverter cable. I took the computer apart (not under warranty) to test the theory and didn't find any visual indication of anything wrong with the inverter cable. What else might cause this problem? I can see the image very faint when the backlight goes out and I can still use the screen at certain angles. Thanks for the help, just want to know if there are any other possibilities I should look into.

Post subject: Re: Backlight troubles.
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:29 am 
Site Admin

Almost always when it goes out at certain angles it is going to be a cable issue. Usually it is something in the hinges applying pressure to the cable enough to cut off the signal.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]