Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Invertor board G
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:00 am 

Hi, last night I decided to clean my computer screen Powerbook G4 Aluminum well i mistakenly got water into the area where the inverter board is. The computer was on when I was washing and I heard a electric buzz like something was shorting then the screen went black (real intelligent huh?).

Anyway I took the computer apart trying to find the wetness, I noted on the inverter board that there was a black spot thinking it might have have been where the sort occurred. It was on the long rectangular piece on the inverter board next to the two grey/black circles that have the number 101 on them, the rectangular piece stands out because it has a black spot on one of the three wires that are connected to it, it looks like a burn took place. The part says what I can make out UG8.

Anyone had this happen to them before or had an issue with this?

Advise thanks
Skarrlette

Post subject: Re: Invertor board G
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:05 am 
Site Admin

Yea definitely sounds like the inverter board shorted out. You'll probably need the board and possibly that cable.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:43 pm 

Do you think the cable was damaged? It says high voltage and I heard the shorting, would you recommend getting the cable with the lcd?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:28 pm 
Site Admin

I've seen machines still work with a cable like that, but it really isn't something I'd recommend.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]