Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Battery has charge, but laptop dependent on power adapter
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:19 pm 

We purchased a replacement battery for our 12" G4 Aluminum Powerbook from PowerbookMedic.com. At first everything seemed, fine, but slowly an issue presented itself. Using coconut battery, I can see that the replacement battery has a 47% charge, that the power adapter is plugged in, but the battery is not charging.

If I remove the adapter, the laptop shuts off immediately, indicating that there is no power coming out of the battery. So somehow there is no power coming into or going out of the battery, but it's connected enough to report its charge level and cycles.

If I replace the batter with the old factory battery, it charges fine, powers the laptop without an adapter, etc. This would seem to indicate there is no real problem with the laptop. The issue is that the factory battery has 600+ cycles and has a max capacity of around 27% of original.

This is my second bad experience with an after-market battery. Am I just having bad luck and should try again, or should I just break down and spend $130 on an apple brand battery?

Thanks,

Jereme

Post subject: Re: Battery has charge, but laptop dependent on power adapter
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:18 am 
Site Admin

If the battery from us is still under warranty, you can request an RMA for a replacement. It does sound like a battery issue, so this is how I'd proceed.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]