Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Water on keyboard
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:34 am 

Knocked a glass of water onto the keyboard of a 13" Macbook. It was on at the time and continued to work all day without a problem. Turned it off that night but it failed to start again, that was a year ago. The drive is OK, I've used it as an external since, the battery is fine and it charges, I also use it as a spare for the new Macbook. The screen appears OK since it lights up when I attempt a start. MAC Service said it needed a new logic board but couldn't be sure. When I attempt a start-up the screen lights up and it makes the usual happy 'dong' that all MACS make then a few seconds later it goes on to repeat a softer shorter 'dong' for ever, the screen still stays white. I've pulled it apart and cannot see anything obviously wrong, I suspect one couldn't anyway. I plugged another keyboard into it and the short 'dongs' stopped but the fan came on instead. Would be lovely if a whack in the right spot could bring it back to life. Any clever ideas out there?

Post subject: Re: Water on keyboard
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:30 am 
Site Admin

it is most likely the logic board. That is usually the first thing to go in a liquid spill. We have some good deals on replacement boards right now if you want to get it repaired.

Post subject: Re: Water on keyboard
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:39 pm 

OK, I did the same thing. I spilled a small amount of water on the keyboard. Well someone did. All of a sudden the MacBook wouldn't boot up. I took the battery out and found a small amount of water leaking through. I took the computer apart and dried it out for three days, put it back together and it ran normally for a week. Now it starts to boot, gets to the white apple screen then just goes black. I pulled the RAM and cleaned everything with alcohol. Then it booted normally. Now anytime it shuts down it won't reboot back up, but if I pull the RAM and re-install it it will restart normally. Based on the other similar issues I'm reading about here it seems like it's probably the logic board. Any other ideas out there before I replace the logic board? :?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]