Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: 15"2.4 core 2 duo macbook pro playing dead,will not turn on
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:28 pm 

can someone please help me with my 15" 2.4 core 2 duo macbook pro model A1260,i used it one night with out problems, turned it off and put it away the the next time i went to use it ~Nothing~ :( , i went to the apple store where i live at, and they said that they couldn't service it thru the apple care warranty due to changed case screws & that it had be opened by someone(not me). i purchased the computer used and i dont have the contact info from that person anymore. while i was at the apple store they tried another 85w magna charger with out any luck of it turning on, the battery show all green lights, but nothing, i have replaced the ram,still nothing, im wondering if my power/ir logic board fried is that common? allthe computer doed when i push the power button is make a light almost fan noise but nothing at all, when i hit the power button it sounds like a screeching stopping noise, please if anyone has had this problem or might know something to try im open to anything, because my mbp has not been working for over a month now.thanks :x

Post subject: Re: 15"2.4 core 2 duo macbook pro playing dead,will not turn on
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:56 am 
Site Admin

It can possibly be the magsafe board or the logic board. Generally if the battery has a charge and it still won't turn on it is going to be the main logic board. Repairing it is going to be costly, but I would probably take it somewhere to get professionally diagnosed at this point.

We offer free diagnosis if you want to use us. If we get it and it is going to be too much for you to spend repairing it, you'll only be responsible for the shipping costs. You can begin the process by clicking on Send-In Service above.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]