Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Ti G4 display problem
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:37 am 

In order for display to work, i have to push down on the top left of the lcd screen or elevate the left side underneath it and display will come on. when the display goes off it is dark except for a line approx. 1 inch from the bottom that is lighter and runs the length of the screen. Any ideas?
Thanks

Post subject: Re: Ti G4 display problem
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:07 am 
Site Admin

If you have had hinge problems, it could be some issues with the cables going through the hinges, otherwise it is most likely the LCD itself which unfortunately on those models we can only replace the entire display which is $599.95.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:07 pm 

I am thinking it might be the hinge or something inside because if I press on the underside of the case with the screen open it will come on and function properly for a short time. Right now I have the Ti sitting on an eraser so I can see the screen and type. Still not sure what is going on when I plug the display in.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:22 pm 
Site Admin

It is probably going to end up being an expensive fix. You may want to think about just turning it into a desktop machine with an external monitor.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]