Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Display Question
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:55 pm 
I've read through the post about issues with displays. As it has been stated, if the screen is dark but you can see icons, etc when you shine a light at it then it is probably an inverter issue. Here's my question, how do you know whether you need to replace the inverter board or just the cable? If I tilt the screen, it doesn't make a difference, and I'm not sure if the display gradually went out or all at once. I inherited this ibook from a friend, and am trying to get it up and running.
Thanks in advance for any advice/answers!

Post subject: Re: Display Question
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:55 pm 
Site Admin

It depends how the problem started. If the backlight started blinking out depending on the angle of the display it is the cable. If it just suddenly went out it is usually the inverter board.

But don't forget backlight issues can also be a problem with the backlight itself built into the LCD or the main logic board, but the inverter board or inverter cable are much more likely to be the cause.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]