Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: stuck OS CD
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:30 pm 
I have a new (to me) older PB G4 DVI. I am fairly new to Macs. Stupidly, I tried to upgrade to OS to Leopard w/o reading systerm requirements. Of course the install did not work.

My problem is now I have the install disk stuck in the driver and the computer can't boot up. I need to get this disk out so I can reinstall the original OS. I have the original install CDs.

My question: Is the only way to get the CD out by taking the computer apart and taking the drive out? I don't see any manual button/switch/other mechanism to eject the disc.

thanks,
Robin

Post subject: Re: stuck OS CD
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:33 am 
Site Admin

To eject a CD on a G4 machine:

1) Hold down the eject button or the trackpad button as soon as you power up the machine and hold it.

2) Hold down Apple-Option-o-f during boot up to go into Open Firmware. From here you can type in "eject cd" without the quotes to force an eject. If you get an error, there is a problem with the drive.

Post subject: Re: stuck OS CD
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:24 am 
thank you thank you thank you!!!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]