Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Harddrive, ram, power adapter
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:23 pm 
I have a 14" ibook G4 with 768 mb sdram and a 40 gig harddrive and want to upgrade it. Can I upgrade it to a 160 Gig harddrive and add 1 gig of memory? Is this difficult to do myself?

Also, my power cord broke and these new ones are confusing me. What is the difference between the 65 W and 45 W and the brick and the other shape? Is one better than the other? Seems like from the description of them, I can use either one. Does one charge faster or more efficiently?

Thanks.

Post subject: Re: Harddrive, ram, power adapter
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:23 pm 
Site Admin

You can upgrade your unit to a 160GB drive and 1GB of memory. The memory is very simple to change out. The hard drive is about a medium difficulty as you do have to disassemble the unit.

The 45W and 65W adapters are technically interchangeable. You can use a 45W with a 65W and vice versa. The hi-res 1.67 Powerbook G4 aluminum units are the only units that this isn't possible and those require a 65W adapter.

-Bradley
PowerbookMedic

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:31 pm 
Why is it that I can't use the 250 gig harddrive? I have been told I can and I can't and I don't understand why.

Thank you.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:31 am 
Site Admin

You can upgrade to 250GB as well.

-Bradley
PowerbookMedic

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]