Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Battery shows charged but won't start
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:55 pm 
Hello all,

I recently sent imy ibook g4 12" in the mail in its original box to my sister for her to use. After she received it, she said that it wouldn't power up at all. However, it was working fine when I sent it. I just received it back from her today and the battery shows fully charged and when the power adapter is plugged in, it glows green. However, when I push the power button, it will not power up at all...no clicks, sounds or anything. I have tried the various resetting options such as resetting the pram, taking the battery out and holding down the power button for 5 minutes and some other things, but to no avail.

If anyone can offer me any help, it would be appreciated. I'm wondering if a new battery would work? My computer is 3 years old. I'll even try options in which I try to fix it myself. My Applecare is up in September.

thanks

clatono

Post subject: Re: Battery shows charged but won't start
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:18 pm 
Site Admin

An issue like that would need to be professionally diagnosed. If it won't boot from either the adapter or battery however, it is likely your unit has a problem with the logic board.

-Bradley
PowerbookMedic

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]