Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: MBP Boot Issues
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:45 pm 
Okay, I have a MBP 15" that normally runs fine. But Today, I turn it off moved it and went to turn it on, and the machine booted, however, the monitor did not come on. nor could i use the keyboard at all incl num lock and caps lock... if I leave it on it come on better but not all the time.. I did a diagnostics on it and recieved a 4vdc/1/40000003:Videocontroller error
Is there a video card or something i can replace on the board to fix this issue or do you know what would cause this issue? i have the OSx Leopard.

Thank you in advance;
Chris

Post subject: Re: MBP Boot Issues
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:04 am 
Hi,
If your macbook isstill under warranty or you have apple protection plan then you should get it fixed before either runs out. As far as I know/could see, even if there is an independant graphic chip (i.e.: Nvidea or Radeon) it is still included on the main logic board and thus it could need replacement.
If I were you i'd nevertheless contact your local apple helpdesk by phone, even if the warranty has expired. you might be able to get it repaired at cost/reduced price.
Regards

Post subject: Re: MBP Boot Issues
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:58 pm 
Site Admin

Drakeous wrote:
Okay, I have a MBP 15" that normally runs fine. But Today, I turn it off moved it and went to turn it on, and the machine booted, however, the monitor did not come on. nor could i use the keyboard at all incl num lock and caps lock... if I leave it on it come on better but not all the time.. I did a diagnostics on it and recieved a 4vdc/1/40000003:Videocontroller error
Is there a video card or something i can replace on the board to fix this issue or do you know what would cause this issue? i have the OSx Leopard.

Thank you in advance;
Chris

It is definitely going to require a new logic board. I would check if its under warranty still or see if there are any active recalls for your machine for the same issue. If not, your only course of action to get it fixed is to spend the money for a new board which isn't cheap.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]