Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: security update killed my powerbook
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:03 am 
On June 10th, I received the alert showing needed updates for Quicktime and Apple Security Update. I installed the security update and rebooted. Once it restarted, I was able to get to the desktop. However, soon afterwards, the powerbook suddenly powered off into sleep mode. The LED blinked for awhile then it too went dark. I've removed the battery and tried again. The power switch is now completely dead. I tried plugging into AC and recharge the battery. No luck. The power button is completely unresponsive.

My G4 is now a brick.
Any ideas? Is there some hardware master reset?

G4 Titanium VGA
Mac OSX 10.3.99

Thanks in advance.......

Post subject: Re: security update killed my powerbook
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:25 pm 
Site Admin

You'll likely need to get the unit professionally diagnosed. It is unlikely the update caused the problem and it is likely just a coincidence.

-Bradley
PowerbookMedic

Post subject: Re: security update killed my powerbook
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:07 pm 
Four weeks later, I decided to attempt powering up my dead Powerbook.

By allowing the battery to completely discharge, I was now able to successfully power on my Powerbook using the AC adapter. Once it fully booted, it seemed to complete the remaining steps of the security update. Ill now allow the powerbook to completely charge the battery, reset the clock and adjust the calendar.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]