Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: pismo screen hinges tighten, repair or replace?
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:27 pm 
hi,

after almost 8 years of loyal service, my pismo has started to show its age. i've replaced the battery less than a year ago, but now the screen hinges are starting to give way.
the screen's becoming instable and sometimes, very slowly, falls over backwards ...

now i'm wondering what my repair options are as the rest of the machine is still absolutely perfect.

is there a way to tighten the hinges? if so, how do i do that?
or is replacing the hinges the only option?

thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:29 am 

Do yourself a favor and send it in to your repair desk of choice and pay someone to do this, if it were me, I would send it here (PowerbookMedic), they’ve been here for a long time which tells me they are here for the long run!
I have a friend that places books behind his IBM laptop screen to keep it up. He’s saving for a new laptop, he’s looking at a Mac laptop this time

Post subject: Re: pismo screen hinges tighten, repair or replace?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:24 am 
Site Admin

The Pismo hinges can't really be tightened. If the screen is falling back, then they just need to replaced. It is common for these models after being out there for so long. The hinges are not expensive, so it is a worthwhile repair. The repair however does involve a complete disassembly. While completely doable with our repair guides, if you want to save yourself some time and headaches, I'd recommend sending the unit in to us to be repaired.

-Bradley
PowerbookMedic

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]