Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: PB 12" noisy rotating sound.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:15 pm 

Hi evryone.
I'm a newbie. I have a PB 12" for the past 4 yrs.Last 3 yrs my PB had suffered a little bit of knocks from mishandling( ...my fault).A year later theres a funny rotating sound coming from the machine. As i open more app or doing task its getting faster and sometime there's no sound, on and off. I ever ask the technical guy and he said it cld be the Harddisk problem. I ever reformat it but the things still remain. My question, does the problem lies from the harddisk or the fan? cause its the rotating sound and it getting faster and sumtym off when its idling?
My machine still runs well despite the sound. Only recently its gives this message when i ON it i got to boot up many tym. Till many times then i get it stable and could perform my task....... plus the sound. Could it be the fan and the powersupply related problem too. Pls help :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:35 am 
Site Admin

Does the sound come from the front left corner? If so, it is a hard drive problem. The sounds you describe are typical of a hard drive, and if they get worse when opening up an application, that further confirms that.

-Bradley
Powerbook Medic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:30 am 

powerbookmedic wrote:
Does the sound come from the front left corner? If so, it is a hard drive problem. The sounds you describe are typical of a hard drive, and if they get worse when opening up an application, that further confirms that.

-Bradley
Powerbook Medic

Hi Bradley,
Thanx for the reply. Sori for being away and didint look out in the forum. the sounds come from the left but cldnt confirm front or back cause the sounds come from the left. So far application runs well.but i didnt OFF my PB since a month ago and runs on power, cuz if i OFF it, i got hard time to ON it.It will OFF and give a message to press the start button. After running this sometimes then it stable and my machine can runs as usual, plus the rotating sound of course. Could it be the power supply problem too? :?
Wad hard disk should i replace? Care to share me some info?
Thanx in advance. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:45 am 
Site Admin

Most likely you do need to replace your drive. You can click on our hard drive upgrade section to view your hard drive options. You can currently upgrade all the way to 250gb.

-Bradley
Powerbook Medic

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]