Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Powerbook G4 17'' no display
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:04 pm 
Hi guys,

I have a 1.33 17 inch aluminium Powerbook. Recently, my display went dark, although if you look closely or flash with a lamp, you see the display. Also, if you connect it to an external monitor, all works fine and dandy. Now, after reading around everywhere it seemed that it was a problem with the inverter board. So I -purchased the board from you and after a ton of trouble I got it and changed it.. and still nothing works, no display.

So now my question is, should I send you back the inverter and change it for the inverter cables? Could it be that the inverter is ok, but the cables are bad?

Or could it be that something else has gone wrong? Could it be the PMU or the CCFL backlight lamp?
Please help me out on this one, I am having huge problems and it's insanely annoying.
Thanks in advance!

PS. Opening the display was the hardest thing I've ever done in my life.. I couldn't manage to close it properly again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:56 pm 
Site Admin

yea if its not the board, it is most likely the cable got damaged in the hinges. The backlight itself on the LCD rarely fails on its own, so I would try a cable first, and if that doesn't fix it, send it in for a diagnosis.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]