Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: 15" PB LCD Replacement
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:31 pm 
We received the laptop from a friend because the screen was broken. We knew from the get-go that the screen needed to be replaced. Well, we purchased a new LCD and cable from the site and attempted to repair it ourselves. Everything still seems to be fully functional except the display. Nothing happens, it stays black. I've connected it to our regular computer monitor and a blue backround appears but nothing else. It's not a plain blue backround so it's definitely not the blue screen of doom. Still an LCD issue or now a logic board issue? I talked to my husband, as he has claimed ownership of the laptop, and he claims that he attempted to connect the laptop to the monitor before and nothing happened then either (and this was well before we took it apart to replace the LCD). So I'm not leaning towards a logic board issue, rather still a stinkin' LCD issue. Any thoughts out there?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:47 pm 
Okay, so I'm rather excited. I have it fully functioning using our computer screen! Whew!! Totally rules out logic board issue, well maybe not (I don't know enough to make that kind of statment). So any suggestions as to what else it could be? We made double sure that all connectors were fully connected before we screwed everything back into place...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:04 am 
Site Admin

There are two parts to showing a picture on the LCD. There is the picture itself which is sent to the screen by the display cable and the backlight which is controlled by the inverter cable and inverter board.

If you are getting a completely black screen, this is generally a logic board problem as the likelihood of both parts failing is rare.

The output to the LCD and the output to an external monitor are separate so one can work and the other fail.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]