Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: g3 wallstreet power up
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2003 10:48 am 
i bought this g3 for 50 bucks minus the hard drive heat sink and keyboard
and power supply.i found a cheap yo yo power adapter,plugged it in and the green led comes on and system fan runs,but it wont power on.i havent addded a hard drive or keyboard etc yet,wanted to see if it will work first.i dont have alot of mac experinece,but shouldnt it try to boot without hard drive and give an error.if so is the pmu gone bad?thanks for your time. Rob

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2003 2:51 am 
Site Admin

If the power light turns on but it doesn't boot up, its most likely a bad processor card, but it also could be a bad logic board, so first replace the processor and see if that fixes it since its a cheaper and easier replacement.

Post subject: g3 no boot
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2003 12:29 pm 
ok,will try that.so it is normal for the green led to light and fan to run continuous,just by pluging in ac power?thanks for your time. Rob

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2003 2:02 pm 
Site Admin

yeah if the sound/ac board works the light should come on. most likely its just a bad processor, pop off the keyboard, and slap a new one in, then you most likely will be good to go.

Post subject: powerbook good to go
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 9:45 pm 
i ended up buying a used lower half of a powerbook,that was sold to me as all working,i tried the cpu as suggested here same problem,so i swapped out the i/o logic board works like a charm.i tested the lower half before doing anything with an external display,would have been easier to swap my 300 cpu and display to this one except case was trashed and mine is near mint.so all in all not too bad for around $125 invested.thanks for help guys.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]