Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Scratched Macbook Pro screen
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 3:48 am 

How I managed it I don't know, but I do have two scratches on my glossy 15" Macbook Pro, and they're driving me nuts. An Apple certified repair center pretty much wanted my first-born for the job, so it looks like I'm stuck replacing the panel myself.

The service manual mentions "Replacement Display Panels come with a manufacturer matched Display Rear Housing - both must be replaced at the same time, or damage can result."

Do you carry matching rear housings for the replacement screens?

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:59 am 
Site Admin

What the manual is referring to is the back case with Apple logo. According to Apple, the screen brand and back case need to match, but we have not found this to be the case. We have mixed and matched every back case to every brand screen Apple used, without any problems. LCD form factors are basically identical, so why the service manual would state this I'm not sure. Both the back cases and lcds are available from our online store.

-Bradley
PowerbookMedic

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]