Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Instructions for replacing keyboard G4
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 3:33 pm 

I have been trying to replace my keyboard but the instructions that I have are directing me to screws and tabs that I don't see. (i.e. the release tabs on either side of F1 and F12.) Does someone have better instructions to do this that might make more sense to me?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:07 pm 
Site Admin

on the 12-inch there are two screws underneath the F1-F2, and F11-F12 keys. they are usually covered by a little white sticker.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:13 am 

i have the same problem, i have a 15 inch aluminum powerbook that had soda spilled on it and i can't see any tabs. there aren't any stickers or spaces between keys

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:53 am 
Site Admin

on the 15", the keyboard is screwed to the bottom of the top case. You will have to take off the top case, peel off the black sticker covering the bottom of the keyboard and there will be several screws holding the keyboard in. just remove all the screws and start working your way around the edges of the keyboard disconnecting it from the top case. There are some places with little metal hooks that need to be addressed to get the keyboard free.

Post subject: Keyboard Not Powered
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:14 pm 
rezin wrote:
i have the same problem, i have a 15 inch aluminum powerbook that had soda spilled on it and i can't see any tabs. there aren't any stickers or spaces between keys

I installed my keyboard, but it doesn't work at all. Does anyone have any suggestions for connecting the small cables? Is there a trick to this? I need a put back together manual.

Post subject: Re: Keyboard Not Powered
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:58 am 
Site Admin

Paul E wrote:
rezin wrote:

I installed my keyboard, but it doesn't work at all. Does anyone have any suggestions for connecting the small cables? Is there a trick to this? I need a put back together manual.

On the 15" there are several different revisions of keyboards depending on your processor speed. Generally if you have a backlit keyboard there are two small ribbon cables. One for the backlight and one for the keyboard itself. These generally connect on the bottom side of the trackpad. You flip up a small locking bar perpendicular to the case, slide the cable in, and then flip the bar back down locking it into place.

For a more precise explanation, we would need the exact model powerbook you have.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]