Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: powerbook problems , it got wet g4 12''
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 7:57 pm 

my powerbook got wet and it dried before i even noticed, there was just a sticky residue left over the top of it. i cleaned it up, an booted it up. the display flickered , and did some weird stuff, but worked. i can open programs, and do everything i tried. for some reason safari wouldnt do anything it just stayed blank, but i had a good internet connection. there were always 2, 1 inch wide lighter stripes through the screen also, like half dead pixels. i bought the take part manual, and took it apart, what a good help that is. im almost 100 percent it didnt get anywhere but the lcd, there is no trace of anything, except in the lcd there is some sticky residue and you can see where it came in the apple logo and to the lcd circuit board, because the plastic cover was sticky, and stuck to the circuit board. my question is, if i can clean off th circuit board could that fix it, or could of it shorted the screen out and it needs replacing for sure? theres probably a couple of inches of the board that got wet in the lcd. because of the sticky resdue you can see. second could the inverter board gotten alittle too, or somehting else in there like the blue tooth card, and thats why safari didnt work? it doesnt look like they got anything. any tips? it didnt get soaked, im thinking myabe a teaspoon of liquid managed to seep through te apple logo. anytips would help

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]