Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Minor Display Issue
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:23 pm 

Ok... I've had a, seemingly, endless number of problems with this machine, but I've almost gotten them all fixed...

Initially, the right-hand 1/3 of the display completely died...
When I could afford it, I completely replaced the monitor with a brand new one. (had this done professionally)

Then, the ComboDrive completely died and would no longer accept any media at all.
Which I didn't fix right away b/c I was broke.

I then ran a software update which completely fried the harddrive.
After getting some help on the Apple forums, it finally turned out that I just had to erase the harddrive and start over again.

This, of course, required the CD-drive to be in a working condition...
I replaced this with a new combodrive, which worked once and then I tore the damned cable... so I've orderd a new one of those from PBMedic (has yet to arrive)

Next, I noticed the battery dropping from 75% down to 7%... it can no longer hold a charge.
Battery will be replaced when I can afford it.

Now... the last problem is back with the monitor. After having it replaced and creating custom calibration settings to fix, mostly, the contrast, I still have problems actually reading anything on the screen. It's as though font-smoothing has completely gone away.

This is probably a really stupid question, but could anyone point me towards some documentation on making my display look crisper? I don't remember having this issue before the screen died. Could any of the previous problems be causing this? Thanks,
jim

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]