Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Wireless Wallstreet Problem
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:37 pm 

We've been using a PCMCIA card (Lucent) successfully to connect to our wireless router for InterNet services. It seems to have stopped working and I can't think how to restore connectivity.

We are running OS 9.2.2., with a Linksys router. It receives a good, strong signale from the wireless router but it seems to be unable to establish a proper address using the DHCP server, either wirelessly or connected directly to our DSK modem with Ethernet cable.

I'd appreciate any thoughts anyone had. Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:32 am 
Site Admin

Do you have any other computers hooked up wirelessly? If they are able to connect, then that would rule out the router, and most likely you have a problem with the card itself. We do not support the Lucent card, but we do carry several other wireless cards at the link below:

http://www.powerbookmedic.com/xcart1/cu ... hp?cat=351

-Bradley
PowerbookMedic.com

Post subject: Wireless Wallstreet Problem
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 8:23 am 

Thanks for the speedy response. I should have mentioned that yes, we have a newer, Aluminum PowerBook G4 that connects fine over AirPort. But I also should have mentioned that I hooked the Wallstreet up to our DSL modem directly with Ethernet cable and had the same connection issue. Maybe I've just been out of OS 9 for too long and have forgotten how to tweak it, but I'm stumped.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 8:45 am 
Site Admin

If it happened all of a sudden without you installing anything or doing anything, then it is possible one of your extensions or extension preferences is corrupt. The first thing I'd do is to go into your TCP/IP control panel and make sure all of the settings are correct, and if they are you may want to try a fresh OS install to rule out the problem being software related.

-Bradley
PowerbookMedic.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:17 am 

Well, I'm completely baffled. I've tried everything up to and including a clean install of the OS (9.2). Still gets a great signal from the wireless router, but still can't seem to connect to anything on the Internet.

If anyone has any ideas I'd be open to them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:07 am 
Site Admin

Well you are down to a hardware problem. I'd start with a replacement card, and if that doesn't fix it then a replacement logic board.

-Bradley
PowerbookMedic.com

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]